2017 Clog-Popping Thread

Gus Mears

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Sean Hughes, you mean? Cirrhosis of the liver is the talk.

I bumped into him during the Fringe, when I was going in to watch Tommy Tiernan, and remember thinking how rough he looked. Of course, I just assumed he had a rough night / age, but he's probably been ill for a while.

• Paid Members

Officially ending our feud here. #RIP

Sean Hughes

hh1_2353637b.jpg

I hated Sean Hughes on Never Mind the Buzzcocks. So unlikable. I heard he tried to shag Jonathan Ross' wife and basically got black balled from showbiz when Ross had the power, brother. My favourite story about him was he was being a cunt to Public Imagine Ltd bassist Jah Wobble during rehearsals on Buzzcocks, and got a cupped hand slap right across his ear knocking him out. Wobble became more of a hero to me that day, than any of his work on PIL's early albums. Fuck

Sean Hughes, anyway.

55 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Sean Hughes, you mean? Cirrhosis of the liver is the talk.

I bumped into him during the Fringe, when I was going in to watch Tommy Tiernan, and remember thinking how rough he looked. Of course, I just assumed he had a rough night / age, but he's probably been ill for a while.

Ooo bugger, I read he was a tee total and healthy eater. Maybe he used to like a bevy.

• Paid Members

TMZ reporting that John Dunsworth, more famously known as Mr Lahey from Trailer Park Boys, has sadly passed away after a short illness. I'm totally fucking gutted by this one :( TPB has always been one of my favourite shows and Lahey's antics have always been a large part of that. RIP bud, you are and always will be the liquor. 

• Paid Members

That's horrible news. He was such a superb comedic actor. With the possible exception of Withnail there's never been a better drunken comedic performance than drunk Layhey. Everyone needs a nemesis and Ricky, Bubbles and Julian couldn't have had a better one. Truly the glue that made the Trailer Park Boys work. He will definitely be missed. R.I.P. 

Check this out. He was wonderful.

The first thing I thought when I saw the recent pics of Sean Hughes was yhat he looked like an alcoholic : puffy red/greyish face. 51 is no age whatsoever. What a shame. He also appeared in Coronation Street in 1997 as a romantic interest of Eileen GGrimshaw which I have no recollection of.  

Archived