2017 Clog-Popping Thread

Gus Mears

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Fucking shite, three of the WIlburys are gone now :(

Yeah, I thought the same thing. A band of Geniuses and Jeff Lynne. Dylan must be shitting himself. Tom Petty was such a top, top, top artist. Massive loss.

• Awards Moderator

When I think of Tom Petty I'm always reminded of a time when I was around 13/14 and a few friends and I formed a band. We only ever mastered two songs, one was 'Johnny B Goode' and the other was 'Free Fallin'. We did not do the original justice - but it's such a great song. A very sad loss.

• Paid Members

I was listening to Spotify's "This Is Tom Petty" playlist on the way home from work and Runnin' Down A Dream came on. I'd listened plenty of times on K-DST while I was playing GTA Sand Andreas, but this time actually listened to it. What a fantastically produced song. Full Moon Fever's on there for tomorrow's commute, anyway. What a loss.

Jeff Lynne (ELO) co-wrote "Free Fallin" with Tom theres a nice article about how it was written hereĀ http://www.guitarworld.com/artist-news/free-fallin-tom-petty-wrote-his-biggest-hit-make-jeff-lynne-laugh/31865

The Wilburys albums are definitely worth checking out. Especially the first one.Ā The reissue versions have a DVD documentary IIRC included as part of the set.Ā 

Sky Arts are showing one of Tom Petty and the HeartbreakersĀ concerts on 7th October at 1.25pm

RIP Tom Petty

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Grecian said:

Kevin Cadle, the guy who hosted Sky's NFL coverage for many years has died, age 62.

Fucking hell, that's a kick in the nuts. Really enjoyed watching him anchor the NFL coverage. Astonished that he was in his 60's at all, he looked much younger than that.Ā 

Archived