Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Running Google Translate on the comments underneath CMLL YouTube videos brings up some gems.

Chingas to the most fucking of your house apart from the fucker of the world YOUR MOTHER !!!!!!!

The first macaroon, keyboard warrior and the internet came out.

They must put an age cap on wrestling, we see how a thousand masks with 75 years of fighting continue can not even stop, that's why blue lost the fight

How can you put that racist gringo and his flag of donald trump in our country so it arrives mexico licking the eggs to the United States

As an amateur I am already the mother of that jerk of the Tirantes, is the fucking cancer of the fight and still put it in important struggles that imbeciles are also programmers, as they run tight

• Awards Moderator

Had a bit of a "you know you've watched too much wrestling when" moment when watching the news earlier and they were talking about the guy who beat Usain Bolt getting booed, and how the sport needs a new hero, and they're worried about the reaction he'll get at the medal ceremony.

My first thought was "they need to embrace the boos! Turn him heel!" I then envisioned the retiring hero Bolt putting the new guy over on the mic before they go out in front of the crowd, only for the other guy, when he gets his medal at the top of the podium, not to be humble but to do Bolt's trademark pose as the crowd gets riled up. He then gets in Bolt's face, and when Bolt starts to retaliate, have the guy who won silver jump him from behind. Cue a pull apart as the crowd goes mad, new top heel and loads of buys for the next PPV where Bolt does a Foley and has one more left in him.

Real sports should be more like wrestling. I'd watch.

• Paid Members

I say "The Graps" because I like how it sounds. It's kind of tongue-in-cheek and fun, in a way that pro-wrestling isn't.

Also, I bought a Pro Wrestling EVE badge that says "Girl Graps, Love The Flaps", so it's got that going for it.

Rewatching Breaking Ground again on the network, and although I think he is the absolute drizzling shits in the ring, Mojo Rawley is a top lad isn't he?

The way he comes across, interacts with fans (especially the little lad with the report card), he is very charismatic and also a pretty funny dude. 

Surely he'd be better off as an announcer, interviewer, something where he can naturally shine, as he can't Fucking wrestle.

Dunno, just seems like a nice guy and there must be something better for him.

• Paid Members

He does come across as the most annoying guy on the planet - there was a bit on "Superstar Ink", the tattoo show on the Network, where Corey Graves says something to Enzo Amore about "that time when you were living with Mojo", which just sounds like a living hell to me.

That said, sticking around and chatting with little kids and seriously making their day outside the arena and so on is top stuff, there's definitely something there that they could do a good job focusing on. I said it a year or so ago that I could see him being the next guy that WWE want to seriously get behind as a top guy - I don't particularly want them to, but I can see it - though I wonder if that time has passed, or if they're just waiting to see if they can use him as a stepping stone to get his NFL mates for 'Mania again.

• Paid Members

They have the local rock station on the radio at work. Every now and then they'll play Sharp Dressed Man by ZZ Top and every time they do I burst out in giggles at the memory of the vignette for the Fabulous Ones they used to run in Memphis.

Edited by jazzygeofferz
Sorting the bloody link out.

I was just watching a match where they did the whole forearm/uppercut someone, gesture for the opponent to have a go, receive a forearm/uppercut, repeat thing and I think it's overdone. Too many seem to do it regardless of character. If you're meant to be a bit nuts like a Foley or Ambrose (who is a lame 'lunatic', ok. Otherwise, why are you asking them to smash you in the face? To get adrenaline? But they're on the attack.

• Paid Members

Anyone else feel the Bullet Club name and t-shirt design is actually completely tasteless? For a while I thought it was pretty damn cool, like thousands of wrestling fans do, but I realised I was looking at it entirely from within the wrestling bubble. It's a great design by the low standards of wrestling merchandise, but step out into the real world and to any ordinary member of the public it looks like an NRA Militia t-shirt. I know the big appeal to wrestling fans is that it doesn't actually look like a wrestling t-shirt, but I wouldn't be comfortable with that as the alternative perception. I think it's just bothering me more now that they are being sold in high street stores across America (Hot Topic).

Imagine how someone that has never heard of the wrestling faction would view somebody sporting these designs in public...

Bullet Club USAStatue of Liberty Bullet ClubCody Bullet Club T-shirt