Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

6 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

It’s like he can’t make his mind up what move he’s going to do and settled on the third one. 

In all fairness from a kayfabe standpoint that makes sense because it would confuse the opponent and make it harder to counter. Doesn't look great though 

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I didn't even realise that Byron was a wrestler. How come he packed it in? Did he get injured or was he just horrendous?

Without seeing any of his matches I'm going to assume he was just extremely boring with no upside other than being technically sound 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I didn't even realise that Byron was a wrestler. How come he packed it in? Did he get injured or was he just horrendous?

I could be wrong but I think it was a case of them going "Hey there's a spot as an announcer on ECW. Do you want it or do you do want to hang about in developmental hoping we eventually call you up as a wrestler?" and then he just sort of stuck with it. At this stage, I'd imagine the money, schedule and employee benefits are probably far too good to give up to get back in the ring.

But, yeah, that was a terrible finisher. It reminded me a bit of the ZigZag, which is also shite.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

My favourite thing about that video is that it reminded me Jacob Novak existed. The greatest missed opportunity of the decade, Jacob Novak, despite being thoroughly mediocre.

Nah, he's certainly no Lucky Cannon. The least convincing 'ladies man' gimmick of all time.

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, unfitfinlay said:

I could be wrong but I think it was a case of them going "Hey there's a spot as an announcer on ECW. Do you want it or do you do want to hang about in developmental hoping we eventually call you up as a wrestler?" and then he just sort of stuck with it.

He used to work in Local News before wrestling. Indeed, he was commentating on FCW before he appeared wrestling on Superior NXT.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Just seen a sponsored post on Facebook from BBC One about their new crime drama Rellik. Without thinking I said, "that's Killer backwards". If TNA have a legacy, it is that I'll always know what 'killer' backwards is.

Exactly what I said to my wife, she then tried to 'join in' and said "Devil spells Lived" backwards...

IMG_0198.GIF