Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, The Dart said:

How would that be any more racist than sticking two random white guys together and saying they're brothers?

Well, not much (although they did debut as slaves in literal chains), but I did think this was some weird thing they kept going for 20 years, whereas other fake brothers have since dropped that kayfabe.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Wrasslin said:

Dudley Boys . . . a beacon of tolerance in anotherwise racist fake brother Tag Team world.

Though kind of let down by Bubba Ray's "thinks all black people are D-Von" run in the Royal Rumble that one time.

8 minutes ago, Wrasslin said:

What other fake brother teams are there? I can think off the top of my head

Edge and Christian, Taker and Kane, Dudleys, The Bahsams, Major Brothers, The Beverly Brothers, Arn and Ole, 

Smoking Gunns, Godwinns, Jules & Jay Strongbow, Gene & Ole Anderson even before Arn & Ole. There were loads back in the '70s and earlier, when wrestlers being related was quite often used as an easy way to introduce a new wrestler to the audience by associating them with someone the audience already knew (Ric Flair being introduced as a cousin of the Andersons, for example) - and I've read speculation before that a lot of teams were kayfabed as brothers to give a nice, wholesome explanation as to why two grown men would be so dependent on one another...

2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Godwins and the Hollys are the first ones to mind. 

The Hollys were fake cousins!

It happens in music all the time too. The Righteous Brothers aren't brothers (which makes it a rather unrighteous claim to make), and the Lighthouse Family are unrelated and don't even live in a fucking lighthouse. It's all lies, all of it.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

It happens in music all the time too. The Righteous Brothers aren't brothers (which makes it a rather unrighteous claim to make), and the Lighthouse Family are unrelated and don't even live in a fucking lighthouse. It's all lies, all of it.

Walker Brothers, too. None of them brothers, none of them called Walker.