Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

The move itself is bad enough, it's even worse because he does it so shite. He's too clumsy for it so it doesn't flow smoothly, he always needs to steady himself first and takes ages to spring off the ropes. 

There's a reason Kane never bothered doing a 619.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

The move itself is bad enough, it's even worse because he does it so shite. He's too clumsy for it so it doesn't flow smoothly, he always needs to steady himself first and takes ages to spring off the ropes. 

There's a reason Kane never bothered doing a 619.

He did do that running drop kick to a seated opponent for a while though. Being a big guy, it just looked awkward.

Edited by Your Fight Site

• Paid Members
On 26/08/2017 at 8:44 PM, AdamTH17 said:

I fucking hate the Pele kick.

I'm having a gander through some Styles matches, and seeing people trying to pull off and sell it is infuriating. It almost always involves some convoluted setup, and almost always looks shit. I'm struggling to think of another move which consistently looks as sloppy. 

I feel the same way about the Styles Clash. It's always felt unnatural. If you were legitimately trying to win the match you'd just powerbomb the guy rather than carefully hooking his arms with your legs and dropping him perfectly flat.

The winner is the Overdrive/Play of the Day/Playmaker though. What even is it? How is it supposed to hurt? 

Even though it can look sloppy when being set up, I can buy the Styles Clash as a finisher.

Like The Pedigree, the receiver hasn't got any way of protecting themselves, so they're either face planting, or landing flat on their chest and having all their oxygen depleted

Overdrive/Play of the Day/every mid-00s mid-carder is a shocker though, but still better than Ambrose's first finisher, which I don't think even had a name

9 hours ago, unfitfinlay said:

I feel the same way about the Styles Clash. It's always felt unnatural. If you were legitimately trying to win the match you'd just powerbomb the guy rather than carefully hooking his arms with your legs and dropping him perfectly flat.

Surely you can say that about any finisher/move though.  If you were legitimately trying to win the match you'd just punch the guy in the face a few times.  You wouldn't powerbomb him.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, The Dart said:

Surely you can say that about any finisher/move though.  If you were legitimately trying to win the match you'd just punch the guy in the face a few times.  You wouldn't powerbomb him.

Well, yeah. What I mean is that the set up for the Styles Cash involves getting someone up in a power bomb position, which is a far more impressive looking move, and then lowering them down and giving them a better chance to counter just so you can do Your Move, It's one thing when it's against a jobber, or if Styles is an arrogant heel, but it's the same practically every time. It takes me right out of the match.

It's just not a good enough move to make up for the awkwardness of it.

5 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I'd buy Overdrive as a wear down move for a shoulder that's being worked on, not as a finisher. It just looks like they are jerking the arm backwards really hard

Yes. I'm not sure if the leg over the head is supposed to be like a neckbreaker or something but it doesn't look like it does anything. Take it away and, aye, it's just flipping someone over while holding their arm.

5 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Overdrive/Play of the Day/every mid-00s mid-carder is a shocker though, but still better than Ambrose's first finisher, which I don't think even had a name

Was that the weird forward facing DDT? I think that was called Dirty Deeds as well. Still better than the Overdrive though. At least I can understand the concept of that move, even if it was a bit weird looking.