Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Never knew but WWF did a fucking second RAW BOWL in 1997. Except it was on Superstars and called SUPERSTARS BOWL. 

Wonderful line from Jim Cornette on commentary as they hand back after an Ahmed Johnson promo and he says: "First of all we like to thank you for taking time out from your day job of the United Nations interpreter..."

Edited by tiger_rick

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Anyone else feel the Bullet Club name and t-shirt design is actually completely tasteless? For a while I thought it was pretty damn cool, like thousands of wrestling fans do, but I realised I was looking at it entirely from within the wrestling bubble. It's a great design by the low standards of wrestling merchandise, but step out into the real world and to any ordinary member of the public it looks like an NRA Militia t-shirt. I know the big appeal to wrestling fans is that it doesn't actually look like a wrestling t-shirt, but I wouldn't be comfortable with that as the alternative perception. I think it's just bothering me more now that they are being sold in high street stores across America (Hot Topic).

Imagine how someone that has never heard of the wrestling faction would view somebody sporting these designs in public...

Bullet Club USAStatue of Liberty Bullet ClubCody Bullet Club T-shirt

Japan is one of the most racist countries going. I wouldn't worry about it.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

Never knew but WWF did a fucking second RAW BOWL in 1997. Except it was on Superstars and called SUPERSTARS BOWL. 

Wonderful line from Jim Cornette on commentary as they hand back after an Ahmed Johnson promo and he says: "First of all we like to thank you for taking time out from your day job of the United Nations interpreter..."

Early 97 Superstars is full of all kinds of weirdness/awesomeness. My personal favourite is Stone Cold Steve Austin doing the J.O.B. to Joey Abs after the Bulldog interfered.

11 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Early 97 Superstars is full of all kinds of weirdness/awesomeness. My personal favourite is Stone Cold Steve Austin doing the J.O.B. to Joey Abs after the Bulldog interfered.

There's some absolute gold on late 96/early 97 Superstars. I always enjoyed the Mero/Undertaker match, just because it was so random and then they had Sable get physically involved.

There was always plenty of stuff going on with Austin too. After the barren period of most of 95 through to the middle of 96, Superstars really upped its game for a period there. 

• Paid Members

In response to @Arch Stanton. I've never really got the bullet club thing as a whole. I get the impression everyone else thinks it's cooler than a igloos fridge and I just don't get it. 

I've always assumed I was with it, but now they've changed what it is and what I'm with isn't it anymore and what it is now is strange and scary to me. 

Randomly I rembered the legendary Ruckus last night and ended up looking for his top 10 moves on YouTube but I saw a video of the top 60 moves instead. 

I had completely forgotten  about The Razzle Dazzle. John house used to go nuts when he did that. 

Edited by Angle_fan

• Paid Members

I loved Ruckus without having really seen him, based on clips of moves & an EWR game where he basically became the perfect pro wrestler.

Signed him, put him in developmental, waited until Sophie told me he'd learned all he could there, brought him up, waited a week, sent him back to developmental. Repeat cycle endlessly until he had 99 ratings across the board.

Was incredibly disappointed with him when I actually saw some matches.

I remember watching him CZW and thinking he was fun but nothing that special. But then I remember reading a terrible Powerslam column where they said WWE should bring him in as a replacement for "The repetitious Rey Mysterio". It was at that point I hated Ruckus by association to that article. Which isn't really fair but . . . come on? Replacing Rey? Fuck off.

Re Bullet Club, I think they have just overstayed their welcome, with the sub factions within the group itself it's all becoming a bit daft. Also, the emergence of other groups have relegated them in my eyes to 3rd place, Los Ingobernables are a clear number 1, they actually come across like a true unit, a group of guys in it together. Then Suzuki Gun also, with the addition of Sabre Jr. as some kind of Suzuki protégé, and the return of the Killer Elite Squad.

When I think of Bullet Club now I think of two bob guys like Hangman Page and Chase Owens, all the soul seems to have drained out of the group. I was interested in the Cody/Omega throwing in the towel stuff but who knows if that will lead anywhere fast.