Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

In a line-up that included Edge, Christian, and William Regal, it was Demolition that had me wishing I was at London Comic Con last weekend.

• Paid Members

It's not as Twitter friendly to say wrestling. Heading to the wrestling to see your mates? "ALL ABOARD THE #GRAPSTRAIN! CHOO CHOO!"

Yes, i realise how silly/stupid that sounds. 

• Paid Members

If I tweet about "pro-wrestling" I'll sometimes write "pro-graps." Partly because it's a few less characters and also partly because I feel like the only people who'll know what I mean are wrestling fans themselves and I'm still dealing with the whole wrestling fan shame thing. 

• Paid Members

I like calling it "the graps", especially when talking about as a live experience.  Evokes a sense of laid-back jokey fun and daftness with your pals that plain, boring, serious "wrestling" doesn't. 

Edited by Big Benny HG

2 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

If I tweet about "pro-wrestling" I'll sometimes write "pro-graps." Partly because it's a few less characters and also partly because I feel like the only people who'll know what I mean are wrestling fans themselves and I'm still dealing with the whole wrestling fan shame thing. 

I haven't had anybody slag me when I've mentioned I watch wrestling in years.

Yeah all I get is people asking about it, as all they see on social media is folk having a great time at shows. If you feel you need to hide it, then shame is with you 

• Awards Moderator

On 04/08/2017 at 8:59 PM, FUM said:

I haven't had anybody slag me when I've mentioned I watch wrestling in years.

It's not as bad as it was but I've had the odd one and it's funny.

People spend hours posting on Twitter and Facebook about Love Island, Big Brother and that kind of shite. In no way should anyone feel a bit twitchy about posting/speaking about wrestling. I've found those who have a pop are the ones who watch all that along with the soaps, so it's hardly a difficult comeback. But in the main, jangling about wrestling, whether in person or online, seems to be more accepted these days.

Don't know if it's because people scrolling through their feeds just gloss over what they don't know, or if society's just a bit not arsed, but either way it's good to be able to talk about wrestling without some dickhead pulling the usual cards out.