Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Moderators

Watching Joe and Dean Malenko representing Europe vs Steamboat and Koloff from the 1992 NWA Tag Title Tourney, and it just clocked to mew that The Malenkos are using The Internationale as their theme! How ace is that?

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Slapnut said:

I was watching the rugby this evening and noticed Kane has chosen a new career.

I wondered where he’d been the past few months.

In all seriousness, where has Kane been the past few months? Is he injured? Or busy campaigning to be mayor or whatever it is?

• Paid Members

2001 Invasion Era is a frustrating watch. It was around the time I got into it as a kid so I expected full nostalgia, but watching back it's frustrating to see how all over the place it is and how fast the WWF/Alliance gets blurred into one big mess. It actually reminds me a lot of what we have now where the talent pool is so deep, but they focus on one or two people and then everyone else just fucks about doing nothing. Only people are over back in 2001. 

• Paid Members
On 9/26/2017 at 6:28 PM, King Pitcos said:

WrestleMania 22 is an interesting one for that. The Trish/Mickie one was a case of the company giving wrestling fans too much credit, the triple threat was a case of the company not giving fans enough credit, and the build-up to the main event saw HHH courting the reaction they got.

"Big Time" by Peter Gabriel is such a random theme song to choose for a show theme too. I bet Vince picked that one.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, simonworden said:

I always found it odd that the theme song for mania had the same name for two years running don't know why makes no difference to anything or anyone

I also noted and found this odd. Gabriel's Big Time was a quality theme by the way and deserves everyone's undivided love.