Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

If last year's anything to go on, "Survivor Series is the one night of the year when Raw and Smackdown go head-to-head!!"

I can stretch to one Raw vs Smackdown traditional Survivor Series match, but I'd really much rather both brands were entirely separate.

It annoys me a bit that Graves & Renee work both.

• Paid Members

The only upside to Brock vs Jinder is the Singh Brothers getting Suplex-Murdered.

It seems like such a waste of both men (if there can be a waste of Jinder) to throw them in a non-title match over bragging rights about which WWE programme they nominally wrestle for. It's a bit of a stretch to suggest Brock Lesnar has any kind of loyalty to RAW, and if they have him dicking around in a red T-shirt it'll be ridiculous.

Survivor Series was always my favourite event as a kid in the eighties and nineties and over recent years I thought to make it more appealing they could have several traditional survivor series matches with the following format.

Raw Universal Title Contenders vs Smackdown World title contenders

Raw IC Title Contenders vs Smackdown US Title Contenders

Raw Womens Title Contenders vs Smackdown Womens Title Contenders

Anyone who has not been eliminated out of their team is thrown in to a Title shot at the next PPV, so if two members of Team Raw Universal Title are the sole survivors, they would go in to a triple threat match with the Raw champion at the next event. It would give room for storylines to emerge, rivalries formed and at least bring some excitement level and you could also do Cruiserweights and Tag Teams if you wanted to really push it. Due to the fact you could have one survivor on a team too you are not setting yourself up for multi man overload at the next PPV. 

To get the title holders involved you could have the following to head the event up

Raw Champions (Universal, Tag champs, IC) vs Smackdown Champions (World, US, Tag) 

It probably really is a really random thought but it's just something I always liked the idea of to give the PPV a bit of meaning again. 

• Paid Members

The problem with a RAW vs. Smackdown match is that on paper it's the perfect throwback to what the original appeal of shows like Survivor Series was - seeing wrestlers in the ring together that you never thought you'd see share the ring on any other WWF show, much like the Royal Rumble was one of very few opportunities the WWF of the late '80s and early '90s gave you to see faces fight faces and heels fight heels.

It's also the perfect opportunity for the kind of "but can they co-exist?" storyline that WWE normally love - imagine, say, Kevin Owens and Shane McMahon, still sworn enemies, having to team together as part of Team Smackdown. Can they put aside their differences for the greater good? How will it play out if Smackdown's chances fall to them having to work together?

Nahh, that's all complicated, let's just stick a bunch of blokes in red and blue T-shirts and call it a day.

• Awards Moderator

Even if it was just red and blue t-shirts, it'd still work if there was just something at stake. The winning team gets shots at the other brand's titles, to bring them over to their own show. The winning brand gets a cash injection from Mr McMahon. The winning show gets to take over the other show for a week to show how good they are too. A nice trophy. Anything like that, rather than just bragging rights. Ah, Bragging Rights...

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

19 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Seen as (spoilered just in case because the announcement hasn't aired on TV yet)

Reveal hidden contents

they have announced a War Games Match for NXT Takeover the night before

what's the likelihood of getting it at Survivor Series too? Even if that does end up being Red shirts v Blue shirts

Unlikely as they’re selling tickets with one ring on the layout.

On 16/10/2017 at 9:08 AM, Ladiesman345 said:

He wasn't in good shape. He looked like he was about to collapse in his last few matches. Gassed to fuck and was literally walking through his spots. I think it was a match against Cody Rhodes I noticed this.

As things stand right now, his last official match was against Lionheart in Preston.