Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

Took my two boys into Aberdeen airport last night to meet the Smackdown crew. Couldn't get tickets for the show, so this was the next best thing. They got photos with Charlotte, Nattie, Becky Lynch, Lana, Big E, AJ Styles, Bobby Roode, Shinsuke Nakamura, James Ellesworth, Sami Zayn and Fandango as well as just about everyone else's autographs. New Day, Usos and Naomi all signed their trading cards for them. Jinder, Owens, Corbin and Carmella all just walked past. Carmella and Corbin especially walked like they were the shit....but those who did stop and sign/pose were really friendly and thanked everyone for waiting for them. 

My kids were high as kites when we left. đŸ‘đŸ»đŸ˜€

14 minutes ago, NorthSeaTiger said:

Took my two boys into Aberdeen airport last night to meet the Smackdown crew. Couldn't get tickets for the show, so this was the next best thing. They got photos with Charlotte, Nattie, Becky Lynch, Lana, Big E, AJ Styles, Bobby Roode, Shinsuke Nakamura, James Ellesworth, Sami Zayn and Fandango as well as just about everyone else's autographs. New Day, Usos and Naomi all signed their trading cards for them. Jinder, Owens, Corbin and Carmella all just walked past. Carmella and Corbin especially walked like they were the shit....but those who did stop and sign/pose were really friendly and thanked everyone for waiting for them. 

My kids were high as kites when we left. đŸ‘đŸ»đŸ˜€

I hate this sort of thing but that’s a different conversation. Well done to the guys that just walked past. It fits their characters perfectly. 

I wasn't surprised by Corbin as apart from his gimmick of Lone Wolf, from what I've seen and read he IS a bit of a miserable prick by all accounts. Was a bit surprised by Owens though tbh as listening to podcasts he always stresses how he was a big fan and marked out when meeting his idols. So I guess I thought he would be the same to HIS fans. He did say hello as he walked past but he may have wanted to stay in character. Plus it was late so I'm cool with that. It sure didn't spoil the experience for my kids. 

Yeah Tiger Rick, they were on their way to Barcelona after the show. There was only about 12 folk waiting to meet them and we were all behind the barrier so it wasn't like we were swarming them whilst they ate breakfast or took a piss. All were very friendly and appreciative that folk were there that late to meet them. 

Imagine how the kids felt after meeting these superstars? THAT'S what makes it worthwhile. 

Edited by NorthSeaTiger

• Paid Members

Can’t take it to heart, might have been having a shit day, tired etc. Also, I 100% agree that meeting them in an airport is fair game, as oppose to going to their hotel, that’s fucking weird.

Faces signing kids stuff is absolutely spot on, but I’m not a fan of heels signing kids stuff, I’m also the type of nob who wants heels to stay in character online and troll. 

I cant remember if it was on here or on another forum but someone mentioned they met Tommy Rich at an airport, he asked him to sign an old poster, Tommy said ‘yeah sure, hold my bag’ and whilst continuing to walk, he really really slowly checked his pockets for a pen, complained about his flight, mocked the guys shirt and eventually wrote only his initials down on the poster.

He handed the lad the poster and took his bag back as he was getting in to his lift.

Beautiful. 

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

Absolutely guys. As I said , it's a tiring slog for these guys so for the ones who's stopped to pose and sign, that's a big thing. If the heels were in character that's cool also. Ziggler came across as standoffish, which is fair enough. I don't know him personally so I don't know if that was gimmick or legit. But my boys are buzzing so that's all that matters. 

Edited by NorthSeaTiger

• Paid Members

related on the kids front, but just a few nights ago i watched an old Royal Rumble match (2001) with my missus' 5 year old boy. He's seen bits and pieces of wrestling but doesn't really know anything about it, he  loved it from the opening bell and understood the rules, he instantly latched onto Kane and pissed himself laughing when he hit Honky with the guitar. Once Kane went he was team Austin and once Austin won he was dancing around the room celebrating...it made me remember who i used to watch wrestling back in the day, none of the bullshit of thinking about the booking or did the right man win, simply enjoying it as good guy vs. bad guy and rooting for your favorite, how it should be.

On 01/11/2017 at 1:04 PM, Kaz Hayashi said:

Some really good points there @Noah Southworth. Regarding a potential match with Steph, providing it’s 1-1 you’d assume it would be a squash though, possibly with Steph getting the best of all of the verbal confrontation leading up to it? Maybe even an angle where she gets a group of WWE Women  to give her a kicking a couple of weeks before. That leads to the 1-1 with Steph, and she gives her a beating, maybe until the group interfere or something, but she overcomes the odds?

Just riffing there like, but I’d enjoy seeing her in a team and in a 1-1 with Steph.

No way Stephanie is booked to get squashed. Especially at Wrestlemania.

She's a McMahon DAMMIT.

For a Stephanie vs Rousey singles match, the easy way to do it would be for Steph to connive the female roster (or at least some of the disposable baddies) that they can't let some MMA girl come in and make the WWE look bad. That way, you can get five minutes or so out of Rousey being about to win and having her advantage stolen by Tamina/Alicia/Lana etc.