Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Going back a couple of pages to the "heels interacting with fans" discussion, Jetta was top notch at EVE last weekend. Told me I had a shit shirt four times during a single show, pushed by me on her way to the bar saying, "it's alright, she's got this!" about a heel wrestler literally seconds before she lost the match and, when I spoke to her at the end of the show and said she's actually my favourite, she once again pointed to my Charlie Morgan T-shirt, and said, "what are you wearing that shit for then?".

I bought a T-shirt from her, and she made out like it was some clandestine transaction, trying to hide her merch bag away from people, and made me promise not to tell anyone. Top work.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Briefcase said:

It does look worrying. Seems to be after competing in the ring like on Raw after TLC and I know Angle wrestled on the European tour. 

Nah Kurts been standing like that since he came back. He stands like I’ve given my CAW on Smackdown the wrong measurements....

• Paid Members

After his first appearance on raw some in the pub described him as walking with a slight squat, as though he's walking while also sat on an invisible chair. There were impressions which, after looking clips up, were shockingly good. 

• Paid Members

Thanks to whoever mentioned the Panini doc "Stuck on you" on ITV. Highly recommend it.

I remember Merlin producing the Premier League stickers in the mid 90s but I've never had any idea how they came about or where they went or that the WWF were so crucial to their success.

Incredible memories brought back by the footage if those WWF sticker albums and the Premier League albums in 94 & 95. They were absolutely beautiful. Particularly the shinys. I think my first Panini album was 85. Remember the oval stickers you'd get and the Scottish league players being two to a sticker. 

• Paid Members

100% echo those comments Tiger Rick. I wouldn't have known that documentary existed if I hadn't read about it on here, but I watched it the other night and it was absolutely tremendous. Fantastic to know that without the WWF, those mid-90s Premier League stickers albums that I absolutely adored would probably never have been made.

Does anyone think that Samoa Joe Vs Finn Balor Vs AJ Styles at Wrestlemania could be a 4-5 star match and the best WWE match in years, I just got this vibe they could have an awesome match.

Failing that maybe a Money In The Bank Match with the same 3 wrestlers, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn and Braun Strowman would be awesome.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, D@mm said:

Does anyone think that Samoa Joe Vs Finn Balor Vs AJ Styles at Wrestlemania could be a 4-5 star match and the best WWE match in years, I just got this vibe they could have an awesome match.

It's hardly a revelation that three of the most proficient workers in the company could have a good match, even hampered by the three way gimmick, so you are somewhat stating the obvious there.   

• Paid Members

It's "The Marine" month on Wrestling With Wregret this month on Youtube. Apparently Bob Holly was first choice to play the lead in Marine 3.

Edited by jazzygeofferz
Typo

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It's "The Marine" month on Wrestling With Wregret this month on Youtube. Apparently Bob Holly was first choice to play the lead in Marine 3.

He had a bit of a rant in his book about WWE favouring the top names for their films, and mentioned he was up for a film(presumably Marine 3) but they told the production company he was needed for a foreign tour(or something) before not using him on said tour...