Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Are they using it to try and offset their activation/installation cost? 

It's almost as bad as Conrad Thompson's "free" dick pills. Just pay the $5 postage. That advert sounds even worse with Arn Anderson breathing into a badly placed microphone in the background. 

Judging from the commercials, advertisers must think that all wrestling podcast listeners have shitty beds and are impotent.

I realise that a few forum members must have a few, but the sight of fans holding wrestling belts in public are my ultimate (irrational) "fucking hell, get a grip mate" gripe.  

• Paid Members

Arn's podcast is interesting, or at least Arn is. Conrad just strikes me as an opportunistic snake oil salesman. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Arn's podcast is interesting, or at least Arn is. Conrad just strikes me as an opportunistic snake oil salesman. 

In fairness, Arn is a much better storyteller than I'd expected. Surprisingly good memory for someone who hung around with Tully and Flair for years.

• Paid Members

I'm listening to 2 episodes a week instead of Cornette's stuff to try and get caught up. The editing is awful in places, and the sponsor reads are dreadful, but as you said Arn tells a heck of a story, and he doesn't sound like he's embellishing much either. He's always struck me as not playing much of a character. 

John Cena hasn't wrestled a single match in 12 months.

They've not really made a big deal out of it, but he's quietly retired hasn't he?

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Loki said:

They've not really made a big deal out of it, but he's quietly retired hasn't he?

Saw a rumour that he wants to do something big for Mania so hopeful he's coming back at some point. Maybe more wishful than hopeful.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Loki said:

Probably a clever way to do it if so. Leaves the door open. Also, everyone knows his worth, so I imagine if they announced formal retirement share value & partnership interest would likely drop. Do it quietly like this, then it potentially avoids the OMG element from investors who don’t really follow the product. 

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I'm listening to 2 episodes a week instead of Cornette's stuff to try and get caught up. The editing is awful in places, and the sponsor reads are dreadful, but as you said Arn tells a heck of a story, and he doesn't sound like he's embellishing much either. He's always struck me as not playing much of a character. 

The couple of episodes I've heard have been very good. He gives a honest and good insight into Flair which I appreciate.  I half expected him to buff up the myth. 

6 hours ago, Loki said:

He'll be back a few more times, I reckon. He probably hasn't been allowed to wrestle and risk injury while shooting Fast & Furious 9 and The Suicide Squad.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Didn't Arn once do a kayfabe RF shoot interview?

Someone told me large sections of his autobiography, titled a look behind the curtain, are in kayfabe. I've never bothered to buy a copy and check for myself though. 

• Paid Members

It's very much a product of an older wrestler in the late '90s, in that it walks an uncomfortable balance between kayfabe and shoot, never quite sure which to fully commit to. Not to the extent of Bruno's, though.