Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

Problem with Balor for me (and same for others such as Wyatt) is they are on TV far too much. Balor to me should be a special attraction like The Undertaker in that he isn't on TV every week, will show up to PPV's etc. I think because of this he comes across bland and repetitive. Especially the entrances. I would rather see him every few weeks, keep him out of matches on TV (they have tons of superstars to use for TV) and just have him on PPV. Would protect and make his character stand out, especially with the demon side of him in PPV matches. I think with Balor he is a 'Less is More' and that's not always a bad thing. He doesn't have to be in the ring doing Promos or even backstage in jokey skits. Just keep it simple. 

Edited by Briefcase

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Oh, yeah, it's not like I'm thinking of actually becoming a professional wrestler properly. I am nowhere near athletic enough. But I figure I want to do something "sporty", I like wrestling and I can already take a pretty good bump so why not do it? And if I should ever be considered good enough to actually wrestle in front of paying fans... well, that would be pretty awesome.

Yeah, that's my thinking. I used to train at K-Star (and AWW before that) for a bit but that was almost a decade ago now. All I want is the motivation to stay in shape but in today's red-hot British scene, I can't see the likes of myself really being welcomed into any decent training school. But I don't want to be paying a tenner a session to some nonce who's gonna 'humble me' because I'm not hanging up show posters in my local high street or travelling across the country to set up rings. That's an ambitious young man's game.

I'm probably going to leave it. I'm tall so I might be good at basketball or something.

• Paid Members

After a good two and a half years off largely due to my back blowing up, I've ventured back into a ShitWres match every month or so with a couple of promotions. It's got me to go back in the gym again and I've put on a good stone and a half of muscle in the last 12 months, so it's definitely good as a motivating factor to staying in shape more widely. 

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, hallicks said:

Don't remember seeing it posted, so here's the video clip of Al Snow responding to Ian's question about never having had a good match. Apologies if it's already been put up

Made me chuckle that! T'old Al got a bit arsey with big Nev there, didn't he? And how could he never have heard of the legend that is Neville Southall?

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

Made me chuckle that! T'old Al got a bit arsey with big Nev there, didn't he? And how could he never have heard of the legend that is Neville Southall?

Continuing the “by his own logic” theme for that answer, if you draw the money, or help to draw money, with no third option, and a good match is one that draws money, does that mean there’s no such thing as a bad match? 

• Paid Members

Thing is, Al Snow could be said to have drawn some money, no? I remember seeing an ECW match of his (can't remember whom against) where practically every fucker in the crowd had a big white plastic dummy head and was waving it in the air yelling "Head! Head! Head!" Those must've generated a fair bit at merch.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Thing is, Al Snow could be said to have drawn some money, no? I remember seeing an ECW match of his (can't remember whom against) where practically every fucker in the crowd had a big white plastic dummy head and was waving it in the air yelling "Head! Head! Head!" Those must've generated a fair bit at merch.

I’m sure I’ve read/heard that Heyman just handed those heads out to make for the great visual. I don’t think anyone was paying for them. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I’m sure I’ve read/heard that Heyman just handed those heads out to make for the great visual. I don’t think anyone was paying for them. 

Ah, right. That also makes sense.

20 hours ago, hallicks said:

Don't remember seeing it posted, so here's the video clip of Al Snow responding to Ian's question about never having had a good match. Apologies if it's already been put up:

Sure that was IanDiceClay from here who submitted that question as well