Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

In any of my memories of Vampiro, he's always been the shits. I haven't seen a great deal of him though, considering how long his career has lasted. Was he much better at some other point, than I recall him being in WCW?

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

In any of my memories of Vampiro, he's always been the shits. I haven't seen a great deal of him though, considering how long his career has lasted. Was he much better at some other point, than I recall him being in WCW?

Thankfully he didn’t speak in WCW.

I always remember Vampiro being bigged up in the Apter mags in the mid-90s to the point where I just had to see this guy in action, the character strength of an Undertaker coupled with the high-flying Lucha style that was becoming insanely popular. He never seemed to show up on the Galavision TV shows either. Imagine my utter disappointment when he waddled into WCW.

What was with WCW’s Backstage Blast show? We talked about it in another thread recently about a promo in which Davey Boy struggles is a right state and slurring his words, and now I’ve come across this Curt Hennig interview were the interviewer asks about Rick Rude’s death a week after it occurred, and Hennig doesn’t appear to have been ready to answer such a question about his friend of so many years

• Paid Members

It was an early version of what WWE would do years later with the app. Was on PPV and you'd get exclusive segments instead of ads.

That video is another example of why WWE is so heavily produced these days. Off the cuff question the guy isn't prepared for, Curt letting off real steam about the funeral and about the question and a ton of background noise making it hard to hear. Don't get me wrong, I prefer how real it feels to now but you can see why they control so heavily because theirs and particularly WCW's TV was full of stuff like this.

Edited by tiger_rick

They haven’t really done much with Lashely’s association with Donald Trump. A brilliant heel character would be the president’s favourite wrestler. Like an overbearing all American who squashes Luchadors every week 

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

They haven’t really done much with Lashely’s association with Donald Trump. A brilliant heel character would be the president’s favourite wrestler. Like an overbearing all American who squashes Luchadors every week 

The problem is that's relying on playing Donald Trump as a heel - the McMahons are cosy with Trump, for one, and with such a divisive political figure, they probably don't want to piss off sponsors one way or the other by alluding to Trump at all. If they were to mention him, I really doubt it would be for heel heat - you just know Vince McMahon must be desperate to get Michael Cole to say, "President of the United States of America and WWE Hall of Famer".

Have they mentioned Trump at all on the show since he became president?

You'd think they would because of him being at Wrestlemania with Lashley like you said. Then again, they may be steering clear of it all as they don't want people kicking off about it so they think it's easier to just leave it alone.

The major visual with Trump from Mania 23 wasn't with Lashley, though. It was Austin stunning Trump at the end. If they show that, loads of Americans wil think it's either awesome that Trump got stunned, Trump supporters will be pissed off that he comes off looking weak. I'm just amazed Putin hasn't got it into a propaganda montage somewhere, whilst editing himself into the Hogan-at-Mania-3 role, bodyslamming Andre.

44 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

The problem is that's relying on playing Donald Trump as a heel - the McMahons are cosy with Trump, for one, and with such a divisive political figure, they probably don't want to piss off sponsors one way or the other by alluding to Trump at all. If they were to mention him, I really doubt it would be for heel heat - you just know Vince McMahon must be desperate to get Michael Cole to say, "President of the United States of America and WWE Hall of Famer".

I did consider that, but they would be able to play it off pretty easily. Reigns is technically a face but gets huge heel heat: they’d essentially be doing the same with Bobby. 

Have Cole talk about being in bizarre-o-land and how strange it is that people are booing the President. Trump is pure show business anyway, doubt he’d give a fuck 

• Paid Members

Do people think Finn Balor’s WWE career would’ve been much different if he hadn’t gotten injured after winning the Universal Title? I know he has his weaknesses on the microphone, but he still feels like a wasted opportunity seeing how over he is despite how badly he's been handled. Makes me wonder how things might have been.

I reckon they’d have fucked it up regardless of the injury. I think they have missed two major chances with him. The first was replacing Reigns with Angle for the Sheild reunion. Would have made so much more sense to put Finn, Gallows and Anderson in place to set up a five on five match. Then gone with them as a group or sowed the seeds for Club vs Sheild.

Then they had another chance on the 25th Raw anniversary show where it could have closed with the Revival joining Balor Club to beat the piss out of all the relics in the ring to give us an actual angle, rather than pointless nostalgia pop.

Both the options they went with achieved nothing really, and in the Angle case ruined his eventual comeback match which would have been teaming with Ronda 

Edited by UK Kat Von D