Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

That final match of survival at Survivor Series 1990 has always been weird for the fact it has 3 on one team and 5 on the other and no kayfabe reason for the heel vs. face dynamic. When I watch it now, I can't believe they didn't put Martel on the face team under the pretence of a random draw (as in the Wildcard match in 95) as he walked out anyway. If they'd had Tito out first and then had Martel walk out on Hogan and Warrior, it would have garnered tremendous heat.

I'll always remember this line from the Warrior, talking about the strength of the babyface side. "The powers that we possess in Hulkamania and Warrior Wildness and Arrivederci!"

Arrivederci?! Warrior gives such little shit about Tito, he thinks his catchphrase is "Arrivederci." Warrior Jim has obviously been reading his Derrick Trotter Book of Language.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

3 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I'll always remember this line from the Warrior, talking about the strength of the babyface side. "The powers that we possess in Hulkamania and Warrior Wildness and Arrivederci!"

Arrivederci?! Warrior gives such little shit about Tito, he thinks his catchphrase is "Arrivederci."

I always thought he said Arribaderci, because of Tito's Arriba catchphrase, confusing him for an Italian probably makes fore sense being a loon and all

2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

That final match of survival at Survivor Series 1990 has always been weird for the fact it has 3 on one team and 5 on the other and no kayfabe reason for the heel vs. face dynamic. When I watch it now, I can't believe they didn't put Martel on the face team under the pretence of a random draw (as in the Wildcard match in 95) as he walked out anyway. If they'd had Tito out first and then had Martel walk out on Hogan and Warrior, it would have garnered tremendous heat.

"Hey Power and Glory and Warlord, thanks for teaming with me earlier in the night to be the first total team that survived, I'm gonna switch sides now, bye!"

This is why fan-booking is more like fan-wank.

Edited by returner82

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, returner82 said:

"Hey Power and Glory and Warlord, thanks for teaming with me earlier in the night to be the first total team that survived, I'm gonna switch sides now, bye!"

Because that's how a random draw works, you fucking numpty.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, JNLister said:

They had a scoresheet in the program (or maybe WWF magazine) that implied it was randomish as it was "survivors from teams listed on the left vs survivors from teams listed on the right."

Cheers John, I've never known that. Odd that they never threw out an explanation for the thousands watching.

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, returner82 said:

Like they're going to do that in 1990, FURB.

Fair point, they wouldn't pretend to hold a random draw back then. Everyone remembers the competitors in the first three Royal Rumbles came out in alphabetical order.

47 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Fair point, they wouldn't pretend to hold a random draw back then. Everyone remembers the competitors in the first three Royal Rumbles came out in alphabetical order.

That's the Royal Rumble, this is Survivor Series, go back to bed and dream-book.

• Paid Members

There was a piece on Transworld Sport last night (I didn't know they still made it either) about a female wrestler in Bolivia. She was a woman called martha who is apparently a big star in her local territory. They interviewed her in front of a big poster of Rey Mysterio. They showed some action with her battering a heel, a real little old woman. Fuck me, she was stiff. They both laid in unprotected chair shots to the head too. Chris Nowinski hasn't been up to La Paz recently.