Paid Members JNLister Posted August 1, 2018 Paid Members Posted August 1, 2018 They had a scoresheet in the program (or maybe WWF magazine) that implied it was randomish as it was "survivors from teams listed on the left vs survivors from teams listed on the right."
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted August 1, 2018 Paid Members Posted August 1, 2018 57 minutes ago, tiger_rick said: That final match of survival at Survivor Series 1990 has always been weird for the fact it has 3 on one team and 5 on the other and no kayfabe reason for the heel vs. face dynamic. When I watch it now, I can't believe they didn't put Martel on the face team under the pretence of a random draw (as in the Wildcard match in 95) as he walked out anyway. If they'd had Tito out first and then had Martel walk out on Hogan and Warrior, it would have garnered tremendous heat. I'll always remember this line from the Warrior, talking about the strength of the babyface side. "The powers that we possess in Hulkamania and Warrior Wildness and Arrivederci!" Arrivederci?! Warrior gives such little shit about Tito, he thinks his catchphrase is "Arrivederci." Warrior Jim has obviously been reading his Derrick Trotter Book of Language.
RIDDUM_N_STYLE Posted August 1, 2018 Posted August 1, 2018 3 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said: I'll always remember this line from the Warrior, talking about the strength of the babyface side. "The powers that we possess in Hulkamania and Warrior Wildness and Arrivederci!" Arrivederci?! Warrior gives such little shit about Tito, he thinks his catchphrase is "Arrivederci." I always thought he said Arribaderci, because of Tito's Arriba catchphrase, confusing him for an Italian probably makes fore sense being a loon and all
returner82 Posted August 1, 2018 Posted August 1, 2018 2 hours ago, tiger_rick said: That final match of survival at Survivor Series 1990 has always been weird for the fact it has 3 on one team and 5 on the other and no kayfabe reason for the heel vs. face dynamic. When I watch it now, I can't believe they didn't put Martel on the face team under the pretence of a random draw (as in the Wildcard match in 95) as he walked out anyway. If they'd had Tito out first and then had Martel walk out on Hogan and Warrior, it would have garnered tremendous heat. "Hey Power and Glory and Warlord, thanks for teaming with me earlier in the night to be the first total team that survived, I'm gonna switch sides now, bye!" This is why fan-booking is more like fan-wank.
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted August 2, 2018 Paid Members Posted August 2, 2018 8 hours ago, returner82 said: "Hey Power and Glory and Warlord, thanks for teaming with me earlier in the night to be the first total team that survived, I'm gonna switch sides now, bye!" Because that's how a random draw works, you fucking numpty.
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted August 2, 2018 Paid Members Posted August 2, 2018 10 hours ago, JNLister said: They had a scoresheet in the program (or maybe WWF magazine) that implied it was randomish as it was "survivors from teams listed on the left vs survivors from teams listed on the right." Cheers John, I've never known that. Odd that they never threw out an explanation for the thousands watching.
returner82 Posted August 2, 2018 Posted August 2, 2018 2 hours ago, tiger_rick said: Because that's how a random draw works, you fucking numpty. Like they're going to do that in 1990, FURB.
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted August 2, 2018 Paid Members Posted August 2, 2018 50 minutes ago, returner82 said: Like they're going to do that in 1990, FURB. Fair point, they wouldn't pretend to hold a random draw back then. Everyone remembers the competitors in the first three Royal Rumbles came out in alphabetical order.
returner82 Posted August 2, 2018 Posted August 2, 2018 47 minutes ago, tiger_rick said: Fair point, they wouldn't pretend to hold a random draw back then. Everyone remembers the competitors in the first three Royal Rumbles came out in alphabetical order. That's the Royal Rumble, this is Survivor Series, go back to bed and dream-book.
WyattSheepMask Posted August 5, 2018 Posted August 5, 2018 Watching some old OSW Reviw and they’re talking about Low Ki’s run on NXT, which then reminded me about him trying to kick Ziggler’s head off at at Survivor Series that year, and I honestly don’t think I can watch it enough
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted August 5, 2018 Paid Members Posted August 5, 2018 Did Ziggler watch that back and think "Fuck it, I'm going to dead sell every move"?
Paid Members ColinBollocks Posted August 5, 2018 Paid Members Posted August 5, 2018 How to get Triple H tits: I know he's on all sorts, but Triple H is a nonsense.
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted August 5, 2018 Paid Members Posted August 5, 2018 @ColinBollocksTriple H is the same age as Sgt Slaughter was when he wrestled him at DX In Your House. I guess Sarge didnt want it bad enough.
Paid Members ColinBollocks Posted August 5, 2018 Paid Members Posted August 5, 2018 6 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said: @ColinBollocksTriple H is the same age as Sgt Slaughter was when he wrestled him at DX In Your House. I guess Sarge didnt want it bad enough. I get it. I watched that while polishing off a 12" pizza with some haggis as the topping.
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted August 6, 2018 Paid Members Posted August 6, 2018 There was a piece on Transworld Sport last night (I didn't know they still made it either) about a female wrestler in Bolivia. She was a woman called martha who is apparently a big star in her local territory. They interviewed her in front of a big poster of Rey Mysterio. They showed some action with her battering a heel, a real little old woman. Fuck me, she was stiff. They both laid in unprotected chair shots to the head too. Chris Nowinski hasn't been up to La Paz recently.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.