Jump to content

Random Thoughts III.


PowerButchi

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Oh, and in followup to my questions about wrestling crate services in this thread, I got my first WrestleCrate today. I got a Johnny Impact t-shirt and another t-shirt from two wrestlers I've never heard of. Both don't look like wrestling t-shirts and are pretty cool so I can actually wear them outside. I also got a PCW DVD called Better than a Bollard. Who the hell is still watching DVDs? I doubt I will ever watch this, so if someone wants it, drop me a message and they can have it for postage.

I got the latest issue of Calling Spots, which is alright. I got an autographed picture of a women's wrestler named Jinny. I have no idea who that is, but if someone is a big fan of hers and wants an autographed picture of her, message me and we will work out a price.  I also got a pretty cool poster for Riptide Wrestling and 30 days of free access to powerbomb.tv

All in all, it's not for me. I'm not spending 11.99 a month on this when a lot of it is stuff I would never use or want. So I shall be cancelling my subscription to WrestleCrate. I wish there was a nostalgia version of WrestleCrate where you only get shit from the 80s and 90s.

  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Posted
4 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Who the hell is still watching DVDs?

People who want content that can't be stolen or don't want to drop a guaranteed monthly outgoing for a feds on-demand?

Cant imagine it's s weirder notion than spending £12 without knowing what you're buying.

  • Paid Members
Posted

DVDs can't be stolen?

I get your point though. I know lots of people who have huge DVD collections. Just personally I am pretty much 100% a streaming guy now, aside from torrents and my home TV package which is mainly for football.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
37 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

DVDs can't be stolen?

In the strictest sense of the realms of possibility, they can. But in reality nobody risks Chris Masters coming round your house.

  • Paid Members
Posted
13 hours ago, Porkchopcash said:

I loved Smash from Demolitions celebrations when they had a big win, like at Mania 6, Smash was always nuts and Ax more sadistic, what a great tag team, pissed all over the Road Warriors/LOD for me. On a side note, i also loved Smash the food. Went well with Pork Chops.

 

Posted

Just been watching Kanes debut. Is there a reason be debuted with his one arm bare attire and then switched to the both arms covered? 

I cannot imagine it was due to being ‘burnt’ as we had already seen his arm. Or did he make the change leading to his first blood match with austin? 

Posted
7 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

Just been watching Kanes debut. Is there a reason be debuted with his one arm bare attire and then switched to the both arms covered? 

I cannot imagine it was due to being ‘burnt’ as we had already seen his arm. Or did he make the change leading to his first blood match with austin? 

Kane always had one arm exposed. It was the First Blood match with Austin (and a few other specific instances) that was the exception to the rule, not the other way about. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I always assumed it was due to him being scarred from the fire. One arm exposed emphasises the point that the covered part of him is fucked up.  Or at least covered in dust like his unmasked face.

Posted

Thanks, I have a hazy memory of that time and could not remember why he had decided to wear both arms covered. I then thought it was following the inferno match with Taker but the dates did not add up.

Fuck knows why I am so interested in Kanes attire. I do love Kane.

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 26 August 2018 at 11:20 PM, SpursRiot2012 said:

Cutie Suzuki - never has a wrestlers name been so appropriate.

 

On the flipside to that, Beautiful Bobby has got to be the least fitting. 

The subject of Kane's attire has reminded me of something I've wondered about. Is there a specific reason why Roman Reigns wears the old Corporation Bossman outfit? I get that it's from his Shield days but it's an odd look for a top guy, I think. And it's not like he's a fatty who needs the cover up like a Foley or whoever. What's the deal? 

  • Paid Members
Posted
7 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

On the flipside to that, Beautiful Bobby has got to be the least fitting. 

The subject of Kane's attire has reminded me of something I've wondered about. Is there a specific reason why Roman Reigns wears the old Corporation Bossman outfit? I get that it's from his Shield days but it's an odd look for a top guy, I think. And it's not like he's a fatty who needs the cover up like a Foley or whoever. What's the deal? 

My totally uninformed and uneducated guess;

Steroid-acne.jpg

To hide the steroid acne. Roman Barry Bonds over here.

Posted
1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said:

On the flipside to that, Beautiful Bobby has got to be the least fitting. 

I think the reasoning was that it's after Alabama the Beautiful.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Isn't it that he has an infamously Samoan 'gut'? Like there's pictures of him at various stages of six pack density but perhaps he struggles to keep the washboard look up.

Posted

Trying to write some of my dissertation this morning, so I stuck the Network on for background noise. I went with the 2016 Royal Rumble and skipped straight to the Rumble.

A couple of thoughts - Enzo and Cass are over as hell with the crowd, but during their spiel to the crowd, Cass announces he's going to win the match and will prove that all other 29 entrants are 'sawft'. As Enzo enters later, it's amused me no end that Cass considers Enzo sawft. I also spotted that Cass gives Enzo a little sideways glance just as he says it. As I type, Kalisto is entering as No 3 but I'm already looking forward to Lesnar taking Enzo's head off later.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...