Jump to content

Random Thoughts III.


PowerButchi

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 8/28/2018 at 12:17 PM, Daaaaaad! said:

Isn't it that he has an infamously Samoan 'gut'? Like there's pictures of him at various stages of six pack density but perhaps he struggles to keep the washboard look up.

I've always thought this was the reason. He's not ripped enough to look like a main event star.

  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted

Now that WWE PPV's are mainly a network model does anyone think the WWE would benefit from shows having an interval/break during them?

The fans get burned out at the shows and usually end up choosing matches to miss to grab food/drink and doing it all in one sitting can be tiresome. 

Why couldn't WWE start half hour earlier and then have a break during the show? For the viewers at home they could do the panel thing and in the arena it would just be a half hour break for everyone to grab food/drink/toilet break so they are more energised when they show starts again. I'm sure WWE could split the show in two so you have a main event at the end of the first half and then your main event at the end of the second, almost two shows with a break inbetween. 

As it stands the fans in the arena will miss matches during a not so high profile match (women's or tag) or just sit and be burned out. 

Thoughts?

Posted

I’ve been lucky enough to do quite a few ppvs in the past couple years and can not fathom sitting for 5 + hours. I always skip the pre show and then acknowledge one or two matches will be sacrificed while I go for food, drink and a bit of a mooch.

while I like your idea - the entire stadium being let loose would make lines impossible! 

Problematic during takeover when all the matches are normally top notch but on main roster there is enough filler I don’t mind.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Did anyone see Batista on the Jonathan Ross show from the weekend? Big Dave took a bump for Mel from Mel & Sue. There's a sentence I never thought I'd type. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I was looking forward to seeing Big Dave on there. When I realised the format of Ross's show is that you have to sit through everyone else first before getting to the main attraction, my attention waned. I hung around for Dave coming on, but it was a chore to get there watching the rest of them. Dave did come accross pretty shy actually, but I liked that he continued to pull no punches on Disney, however Ross ended that part of the conversation pretty quickly once Batista said 'I don't know that I want to work for them anymore'. 

Posted

I’ve got it on the Sky+ to watch. I did start watching it thinking he might be on first, then they trotted out Kevin Hart and some annoying woman so I went to bed instead.

He usually does come across a little shy & quite soft spoken o interviews, but he’s always good value. Alot of the podcasts he’s done are worth listening to

  • Paid Members
Posted

Yeah he definitely seems a lot looser on Podcasts. If I know he's on one of them I usually make a point of listening to it. Definitely an engaging bloke that tells it like he sees it. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Come on fellas, why would Batista be on first? He's still a main eventer even post-wrestling. I expected nothing less so skipped through the undercard.

But I do hate when they keep the curtain jerk guests out there the whole show. By the time Dave came out it was like a doctors waiting room out there with 5 or 6 people sitting there. I wanted to watch a Batista interview not listen to Mel Whatshername interrupting every 30 seconds. 

  • Awards Moderator
Posted
2 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Anyone got any recommendations of podcasts with Big Dave on? Always seems like one of the good guys in the business. 

His interview on the E&C podcast was pretty good.

Posted

Stumbled across an account on Instagram selling the best wrestling tops I've ever seen. Not sure how well known they are on here but they're ace. Their instagram is chalklineofficial, website is chalk-line.com - Would post a couple of pictures but not sure how to do so from mobile. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
20 minutes ago, Undefeated Steak said:

Stumbled across an account on Instagram selling the best wrestling tops I've ever seen. Not sure how well known they are on here but they're ace. Their instagram is chalklineofficial, website is chalk-line.com - Would post a couple of pictures but not sure how to do so from mobile. 

they sell the jackets on shopzone

  • Paid Members
Posted

Here's a random thought: I have Bicycle Race by Queen stuck in my head, but every time the word  "bicycle" is sang  I hear Dusty Rhodes saying it from commentary  on that Big Bubba match from the episode of  WCW Saturday night. My brain works in some very unusual ways,  sometimes.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...