Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

With Nakamura I think he does make money. I have seen quite a lot of people wearing his t-shirts recently. But yeah with tag matches he could be a lazy fucker but somehow made it okay. I think mainly because you knew come G1 or at big show matches he would always deliver. Even if in a singles match his charisma teamed with effort from his opponents made his matches top notch. If WWE push him to main event level I have no doubt he will deliver. 

The way he forcibly grabs the belt off Jinder a couple of times at the end and holds it up as if he's the Champion is brilliant like - the fuck is he thinking?

Quite enjoyed the Punjabi Prison match as well, thought Orton was tough to win and it kept suspense. Decent enough way to kill a few hours on a Monday night

14 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Add me as another who rates Nakamura as the most charismatic wrestler I've ever seen live. That he's becoming just another guy on the roster is absolutely criminal. 

Is he becoming just another guy? I would say he is quite safe at the moment, he has avoided the 50/50 booking and is probably looking for that break out feud. Like Samoa Joe on Raw, he had his debut, went quiet for a while, then had the pretty poor Seth Rollins feud and now the Lesnar build up was probably the making of him maybe Nakurmura's time will come on Smackdown (Not sure with who though) or maybe its just wishful thinking!

Not watched current WWE in ages (watching ols shows featured on Prichards podcast at the moment) but stuck Battleground on last night. Thought it was enjoyable enough for a nothing PPV a month before SS. Women's match was way better than I expected too, and Naomi's entrance and light up belt is pretty cool. 

• Paid Members

I've said it before on here, but I have no idea what Nakamura is supposed to be. I've never watched any Japanese wrestling, so barring small clips had never seen him before NXT, but all I hear is him called the "Rock Star", but no explanation of why he is a rock star. he doesn't sing, or act, like one and the only link is that he looks off his head all the time. He hasn't even got a rock music entrance theme, so I'm completely lost.

For me, he needs some vignettes or sit down interviews to explain his character to those of us that had no knowledge of him before he moved stateside....

They've tried in a bumblefuck manner to get his character over with that dreadful Ziggler promo with a crowbarred Simpsons reference. The rock star thing is weird and inaccurate. Tanahashi is Japan's "rock star" while Nakamura's thing was always that he had the effortless charisma of Michael Jackson in his prime. Even calling him a pop star would be a step in the right direction, so newcomers don't wonder why he's nothing like Man Mountain Rock

They need Graves getting him over on commentary I think, that "James Dean cool, John Wayne tough" line he's got for Balor is simple and effective and makes me like Balor a bit more than I would. JBL as much as he does genuinely try, only really talks about achievements in Japan which he gets mixed up a lot of the time

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, sj5522 said:

They've tried in a bumblefuck manner to get his character over with that dreadful Ziggler promo with a crowbarred Simpsons reference. The rock star thing is weird and inaccurate. Tanahashi is Japan's "rock star" while Nakamura's thing was always that he had the effortless charisma of Michael Jackson in his prime. Even calling him a pop star would be a step in the right direction, so newcomers don't wonder why he's nothing like Man Mountain Rock

They need Graves getting him over on commentary I think, that "James Dean cool, John Wayne tough" line he's got for Balor is simple and effective and makes me like Balor a bit more than I would. JBL as much as he does genuinely try, only really talks about achievements in Japan which he gets mixed up a lot of the time

You might be right, and a decent colour announcer on Smackdown might be the answer to explaining and getting his character/gimmick over...

• Paid Members

Jesus that show was a travesty. One of the most boring PPV's in a long, long time. Why they felt the need for it to go longer than three hours I'll never know. 

Smackdown has lots of great pieces, but their placement of these pieces is shite. If they put all the duds in the same feuds then it wouldn't seep through to the whole show. 

This Jinder experiment is a disaster every way round. It'll never make so much money in India that it becomes worthwhile based on their economy. Plus he's boring as all fuck. I gather he's meant to work extremely hard and they are high on him, but he's no good. There's no reason he couldn't be doing the same thing by having a mid card feud over the U.S title, and allowing the main belt to stay among the top guys. 

As well as that, Corbin isn't good, neither is Mike Kanellis, Orton is great when opposite someone close to his level or higher but he doesn't drag anyone up either. So he's not going to help opposite Jinder. 

The opener was a bloody brilliant match, that is well worth watching. The rest of the show isn't worth anyone's time. Apart from Great Khali turning up and unintentionally being a funny, delight of a man. 

Corbin/Nakamura? Boring with a poor finish. 

AJ v Owens? The two don't seem to have chemistry, the match was fairly slow, with no crowd heat, and another crap finish.

Mike Kanellis v Sami Zayn? This wasn't any good either. 

The Fashion Files was a tonne of fun though and keeps the payoff until another day. 

Cena and Rusev had a match that I couldn't fathom how boring it was considering the two men involved and how good they are. It was the slowest match imaginable, went too long, and the way you had to win didn't help the match build to anything or have any momentum.

The main event was even worse though but I at least expected that to be bad. It seemed to go on for about 16 weeks. 

I try to normally be positive about what's on the shows, but this show was frustrating as well as boring. Like I said at the top, they could have really good shows but the guys are either being put with the wrong person to work with, hampered by shit stipulations, or they are performing below what their usual standards are for whatever the reason may be. 

Let's hope SummerSlam is an improvement after that! 

Including entrances, Jinder Mahal had a match on PPV that went over 30 minutes! Fuck me. I did like that whoever is in charge of the entrance music forgot to bring the CD with Khali's theme into work so they had to just use Jinder's. The second the Singh brothers turned up it just turned into the same match they've had at the last two PPVs.

I quite liked the modification to having to place the flags up the podiums, but the rest of it was a shocker. I was screaming at Rusev to hide the US flag under the ramp, then he moved the gold flag holder and I just want him to lob that into the crowd. You knew he was taking that table bump, as is the rules of wrestling for whoever sets something like that up.

Natalya really has just coasted on 'being a Hart' her whole career hasn't she? She's fucking rotten.

Great opener between New Day & The Usos though, would happily watch a rematch at Summerslam

Edited by WyattSheepMask

28 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

AJ v Owens? The two don't seem to have chemistry

I don't know what is going on here because I've seen the two of them kill it on a random Raw last year, and reportedly they've had some cracking indie outings too