Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

What a horrible show. The only match worth watching was The Usos vs The New Day. Even AJ vs Kevin wasn't great and those guys usually deliver. No one seemed motivated. Cena vs Rusev nearly won worst match of the night, then Jinder and Randy happened. One of the Singh brothers took a cool looking bump through the announce table and that was the highlight. The Great Khali? I thought we was done with him. 

Edited by TheBurningRed

Just a complete show on auto pilot to get us to Summerslam. 

The finish to AJ and Owens looked bad and looked really soft. Whether or not they had a wrong camera angle for it or not I don't know but even Tom Phillips sounded surprised that got the pin. 

I never wanted to see a match in the first place with Mike Kanellis and Sam Zayn let alone a rematch for more 50/50 booking. Kanellis looked OK in ROH at times but here and within TNA he's awful. But y'know Maria and all that. 

And lastly the usual inept direction of a Money in the Bank winner continues again. He may have the briefcase but he can't beat Nakamura so when he does cash in why should we care? 

I am not saying they should put Corbin over Nakamura but when they put that match on the show they are in a real no win situation. 

And Khali. For fuck's sake. 

Yeh, sorry folks, it's not a bandwagon, it's a rickshaw being carried by an asthmatic. This Jinder push isn't working, it isn't elevating his stock, the crowd isn't with it, the belt has been massively devalued, it hasn't produced a single entertaining segment, and there is no tangible sign that this has benefitted anything in any way.

• Paid Members

Opener was excellent. If you have a brain, you'll turn off the show when it's done.

Horrific stuff. I adore John Cena. I love Rusev. That they just about had the worst match of the year is baffling. That Punjabi Prison match felt like the longest match on record. Horrific action. A fuck awful Champion. Booked to last 20 years. Fucking Khali? Dear God.

Nakamura in the second match? Selling for that lanky streak of piss? Hideous finish. The finish to Styles/Owens was abysmal too. Natalya? Kanellis just losing right away? Weird stuff.

Worst show of the year for me.

'Maria's husband is fighting back. Would you look at Maria's husband choking Sami Zayn. Sami beats Maria's husband. Maria's husband giving his wife a kiss there'

WWE do sure like to take a point and beat us over the head with it, don't they?

Yeah that did feel like the longest show in the history of the world [bar Wrestlemania, obviously]. I mean, I'm not advocating they rush through everything but, shit, at times it felt like Cena, Rusev, Orton and Mahal were all moving in slow motion. 

As much as they annoy me in skits, The New Day can 'go and their match with The Usos was really good. Disappointed with AJ/Owens and did they fuck up the finish? It felt so flat. 

A really 'm'eh' show overall.

4 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Yeh, sorry folks, it's not a bandwagon, it's a rickshaw being carried by an asthmatic. This Jinder push isn't working, it isn't elevating his stock, the crowd isn't with it, the belt has been massively devalued, it hasn't produced a single entertaining segment, and there is no tangible sign that this has benefitted anything in any way.

BUT SOCIAL MEDIA

SmackDown is fucking shit, innit. That was the worst WWE PPV in at least 2 years, probably longer

Absolutely fantastic opener but the show fell off hard after that. That was the only particularly good bit, that and another good Fashion Police segment. Love a who-dun-it. Better not just be the fucking Colons.

Nakamura, man, he just does not have chemistry in the ring with these WWE lads does he? There was the Zayn match that was incredible and he's been a bit of a perpetual letdown ever since. The Joe matches were tasty as hell on paper but didn't live up to expectation, Roode matches were decent but vs Ziggler was a dreadful main roster debut, and this one just literally sent me to sleep last night.

Lana and Tamina and their weird aunty/niece storyline offered absolutely nothing to the multi-woman cluster. Should've just been a triple threat with Becky, Charlotte & Natalya.

I know for a fact AJ and Owens can have great chemistry but this feud has been disappointing, absolutely wet finish to that match - they must have forgotten to do a cover or tap-out while the referee was down because that ref bump was utterly pointless.

I love Cena, but Gratuitous Patriotism Cena can just fuck right off. I hope he and Handsome Rusev never fight again. A nice bump or two but shit match.

Zayn v Maria's Husband happened. They soured on that guy quick, didn't they?

Punjabi Prison was fucking excruciating. Orton is on some kind of one-man WrestleCrap crusade for 2017 between this, maggots on the canvas, burning down sheds, and fighting in a squatter's crackhouse on pre-tape. Samir Singh deserves a fucking medal taking that bump for this match. Honestly, with how BORING so much of this show was I got a big kick from Khali turning up. Absolutely hilarious. He's a fascinating man is Khali, that fucking skyscraper of a chin he's got!! Imagine if Khali has a match at Summerslam and they have a massive ramp like they had for the Rumble and Mania - have to add another hour to the show. Imagine Orton v Khali in Brooklyn, ffs! Nuts

Anyone reckon they were annoyed at SmackDown beating Raw in a few ratings and general fan support last year and now they're throwing a big old grenade of shit on it? They're petty enough that it wouldn't surprise me if they're sabotaging the brand to make Raw look better. And it sure has worked.