All Purpose Weather Moaning Thread

Gus Mears

8 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

@Mr_Dangerif you lot wear shorts in sub zero conditions, what the fuck are you wearing at the moment? Andre the Giant singlet?

Short shorts.

One of ours got the sack for repeatedly wearing his hi vis with nothing on underneath in the hot weather. Walking around like a health and safety conscious Stone Cold defying his bosses until the end.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members

It was alright today at about 17ish. I dread to think how it's going to be next week if it reaches the temperatures that have been forecast. Fans and Rose are selling like. Hotcakes, though. 

Isn't there legislation where you can't work if the temperature goes above 38? Although I could see the Tories rolling that back, or increasing the threshold. 

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Isn't there legislation where you can't work if the temperature goes above 38? Although I could see the Tories rolling that back, or increasing the threshold. 

https://www.gov.uk/workplace-temperatures

There's no law for minimum or maximum temperatures, though places of work are supposed to be kept at a 'reasonable temperature' there's no guidance for that that is for the maximum. And for those that work from home it's "best of luck".

My place is all WFH and I don't know as we've had any official guidance but I've canned all meeting for my team on the hottest days and convincing them to take time off if they can or if not to move their hours around so they can avoid working during the worst of it and get anything needed done when it's a bit cooler and maybe more bearable to be sat at a PC.

• Members

Interesting. 

The office I'm in is very well aerated (I can't think of the word I'm thinking of) and I'd actually rather be there than the flat, which is stupidly stuffy...but obviously I'd rather not have to commute ever, let alone in upper 30s heat. 

To paraphrase Bill Hicks, only lizards enjoy that type of heat. 

• Members
12 minutes ago, RalphyV2 said:

Just had a 6 minute cold bath and it helped me to cool off, if you can tolerate it, I recommend it. Another discovery today is this. If you freeze half a bottle of water overnight and put another bottle of water in the fridge overnight, you pour half in the frozen one the day after and you instantly get very cold but drinkable ice water. I took only the frozen one outside expecting it to melt quick. It didn't so I got my dad's very cold refrigerated water and poured it into my frozen one, shook it up, and presto!

Seinfeld What GIF by HULU

I genuinely have no fucking idea what you've just suggested.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, RalphyV2 said:

If you freeze half a bottle of water overnight and put another bottle of water in the fridge overnight, you pour half in the frozen one the day after and you instantly get very cold but drinkable ice water to take out with you.

Image of Obviously, we can't fill the three-gallon jug with four gallons, right?

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, RalphyV2 said:

Just had a 6 minute cold bath and it helped me to cool off, if you can tolerate it, I recommend it. Another discovery today is this. If you freeze half a bottle of water overnight and put another bottle of water in the fridge overnight, you pour half in the frozen one the day after and you instantly get very cold but drinkable ice water to take out with you. I took only the frozen one outside expecting it to melt quick. It didn't so I got my dad's very cold refrigerated water and poured it into my frozen one, shook it up, and presto!

Thanks for the ice cube recipe.