Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Undefeated Steak said:

Do we have an internet/websites great finds thread?

https://www.saltybet.com/

Bet fake money on user created bots. Nearest experience you'll get to being ringside during 21st century lockdown. 

I saw this on Reddit earlier but was too lazy/uninspired to click it. I'll have to now though. UKFF rules and that. 

• Paid Members

I did a good deed by picking up papers for the 80 year old couple next door, while doing the shop. The gardeners supplement fell out so I had a look through and found this. Let’s be honest, £12.99 for a light up solar owl is a cracking price.

A792FB49-DE70-47D4-A1C9-391C433D7930.jpeg

E2EDBCE5-001C-4316-A3DF-66895CF2CA27.jpeg

Heard of a bit of a to-do earlier, man and woman arguing "Why don't you fuck off!" "Why don't you go to your mum's!" etc, but only lasted couple of seconds and couldn't tell where it was from.

A shop window and a car was smashed up near mine last night after a violent domestic so I had a quick recce round the block with a fag just to make sure no one was in trouble, couldn't see anything so went back in to check the kids.

Twenty minutes I hear this almighty crash, look out my bedroom window and see a man flat on his back on the pavement, so I go out and have a butchers.

He's sprawled out on the floor and obviously the first thing I ask him is "You alright mate?". He couldn't look further from alright but that seems the appropriate question for me.

"Fell off my balcony". Now readers, the drop isn't TOO high, it's first floor, I'd say 15 feet (I'd comfortably jump it in an emergency), but the balcony fence (that doesn't seem right) is too high to fall over I reckon, even pissed.

Neighbours all come out and one informs me he's already called the ambulance so I put the phone away and have a fag. 5 police cars turn up, but ambulance takes a good half an hour to come (one of the officers must have been a medic I'm guessing).

Overheard one of the officers ask if that's his phone next to him, to which the other replies "No, it's his Nintendo".

So now I either live next to someone who fell off a balcony you can't fall off, or I'm thinking they had a domestic over Animal Crossing and she lobbed him over, along with his Switch for good measure.

What a fucking palaver. Only just got the kids to sleep from all the lights and noise just now.

In better news, Helen from Flat 10 is very cute and VERY flirty, so I'll keep an eye on that one for good measure.

Honestly, Surrey.

• Paid Members

They basically cancelled my phone number yesterday so they could use the pin to place it onto a new device, from there they've gone through my email and online banking, claimed to forget the password and have a new code sent out to access them, tried to get into my Natwest account and take money out however I caught them off guard and got it all locked down, now having to change all email addresses to accounts, try and contact Natwest and Paypal to cancel some transactions but luckily it looks like they didn't do it quick enough.

That's now £700, £8.95, £50 and potentially trying to take 250 off me this morning in 12 months. They also were hoping I think that they were going to have my account for longer as they attempted a £10,000 invoice through Paypal that would clear next week.

As if I with all my bad decisions would ever have £10,000 lying around.