Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

One of the weirdos in the playground the other day could be heard muttering that Corona virus was a cover up for something else "Remember SARS? That was the same" I fucking hate the school pick up.

Yeah someone at work thinks coronavirus might have been orchestrated as a population-control cull. Thinks someone has developed this virus just to target the elderly. She then went on to add 'How many Russians have it? They haven't said have they? They're probably doing it"

• Paid Members

So based on everything that’s going on, I’m currently in the office with my boss. I’m normally delivering sessions or similar in one of our other venues but today I’m in the office with him, just the two of us, this should be fun.

He’s a good bloke, a bit odd, but sound. He likes to get his point across, and does in interesting and peculiar ways.

He’ll sit quietly and pop up with 1 liners, somewhat related to a topic of conversation from an hour ago. He has just done this in regards to the virus, in an agitated tone...

“Not even the boot sales are safe. Once upon a time I bought 3 hammers, a fishing rod and a shed from a boot sale, but this virus takes no prisoners”. Then head down, back to work, no option to discuss his points.

He has been whistling the chorus to Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer on repeat since I got in at 8.00am. 

He sprinted out of the office and ran down the street after Simon, to give him a jar of mango chutney. He has a box full and wants to ensure everyone in the office gets one.

It’s not even 10.00am yet and it’s the most entertained/concerned day of work I’ve ever had.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd use this whole lockdown situation to do something productive and attempt to learn to play the acoustic guitar that Mrs Divorced Dad complains clutters up the spare room. 

Does anyone know of any good online tutorials/websites/YouTube channels for learning guitar? I'd be starting from the very very basics. 

39 minutes ago, Divorced Dad said:

Thought I'd use this whole lockdown situation to do something productive and attempt to learn to play the acoustic guitar that Mrs Divorced Dad complains clutters up the spare room. 

Does anyone know of any good online tutorials/websites/YouTube channels for learning guitar? I'd be starting from the very very basics. 

JustinGuitar is probably your best bet

https://www.youtube.com/user/JustinSandercoe

• Paid Members

Andy Guitar (a suspiciously convenient surname) seems okay, and he teaches a bit of Bruce on day 2, so that'll go down well here.

Fender are currently doing three months free access to their online lessons. As it's normally something they charge for, I'd expect it to be decent.

https://try.fender.com/play/playthrough/

In all honesty, most of the people offering beginners courses on YouTube irritate the fuck out of me with their bullshit statistics and utterly bizarre claims about why people can't learn the guitar without their secret method.

Edited by Nostalgia Nonce
Coronavirus

So, not to steal Ralphy's limelight but I was attacked by a pheasant today whilst delivering to some farms. I was driving past the angry little fuck when he started chasing my van then full on air darted at the van twatting my side window repeatedly until I sped off.

I then went for my piss in the bushes down the road and who pop's his little head around the front of the van? That little pheasant fucker was baying for blood. I shook off and retreated as fast as I could.

Back at work and as I'm leaving I see a grounded bird pinning another bird to the floor casually standing on his head whilst a magpie watched. It struck me that I've noticed a fair few birds fighting like hell lately.

Maybe it's mating season, maybe I'm just noticing the natural surroundings I usually take for granted because there's no people to observe. Maybe we're all doomed.