Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I was watching one of them Twitch stream things of The CheapShow, Eli was making cheese on toast so I obviously typed "cheese on!?" into the chat, only to have him read it and say "THAT'S RIGHT! CHEESE ON" in the exact way I'd imagined it being said.

This is amazing.

• Awards Moderator
7 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

TV is fucking garbage. Someone tell me when and what channel The Tiger Who Came To Tea is on so I don't have to accidentally watch any of this other shit.

Christmas eve, channel 4, 7.30pm.

• Paid Members

Call the midwife is OK, the sort of TV that's gentle and reminds a generation of the old days without being too complicated to catch up on when you have to spend a penny mid episode. 

It's the perfect heartbeat replacement. 

• Awards Moderator

People who know about mobile phones, help!

I've just switched networks and the switch completed this morning. Currently every time I try to send a text message it takes an age to send, then I get a 'message failed to send' message, then the person receives the failed message three to five times.

Should this be happening? Is this a quirk of just having switched and it'll all work fine in a few hours? Or has something gone wrong?

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Awards Moderator
15 hours ago, hallicks said:

Not sure if this is still a thing, but I've had to modify carrier settings in the past to fix things like this. What phone is it and who's your provider? 

Provider is EE, after a few phone calls they've managed to sort it out. All seems to be working now.