Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Where can I grab copies of both those documentaries? Haven't seen any streams anywhere.

They are up on the usual torrent sites, but like you, ive not noticed them on any streaming places. I've got copies of both, so if there was a way I could get them to you, let me know and I'll do it....

• Paid Members

Ahh, superb. Nice one.

26 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

They are up on the usual torrent sites, but like you, ive not noticed them on any streaming places. I've got copies of both, so if there was a way I could get them to you, let me know and I'll do it....

Might take you up on that, ta!

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if It was better to put this here or the Health thread. Been given the week off work under government order due to the Conoravirus epidemic. Little scary being so close to China and in a place in Vietnam with a large Chinese population but nice to have another week off after 2 weeks for the lunar new year. So far I think there's only 8 reported cases in Vietnam but it's likely to be quite a few more unreported. Probably one of the most bizarre situations I've had through since moving here as everywhere you go places are shutting down and most people have face masks and white surgical gloves on.

• Paid Members

This Coronavirus thing is drawing a lot of ire as regards reporting - it's being presented as the worst thing since Ebola, and it's caused a load of hysteria and more mistrust towards the Chinese since LPW. Seeing a lot of healthcare professionals online saying "Yes, it's potentially fatal, but it's easy to avoid catching and spreading, and it's easily treatable - stop going overboard".

That's pretty much my sentiments, happy to have an extra week off but it's pretty over the top. What tickles me here is everyone is wearing masks, some gloves but in all the buildings i've been in the cleaning is still the general piss poor job always done. Not once have I seen a door handle disinfected or anything actually useful. 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Carbomb said:

This Coronavirus thing is drawing a lot of ire as regards reporting - it's being presented as the worst thing since Ebola, and it's caused a load of hysteria and more mistrust towards the Chinese since LPW. Seeing a lot of healthcare professionals online saying "Yes, it's potentially fatal, but it's easy to avoid catching and spreading, and it's easily treatable - stop going overboard".

Yes obviously there's hysteria; that's just standard practice for the media with anything. But there's been a lot of suppression of reporting and propaganda from the Chinese government aimed at downplaying the severity. And also there's no specific treatment available so anyone with a vulnerable immune system in infected areas is at significant risk.

Edit: I should probably at least make some vague effort to source:.https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001359040/doctor-who-predicted-coronavirus-days-before-epidemic-hit-arrested-in-raid-on-home

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

Few things warm the cockles of my heart more than logging in here to find i've been tagged in something, or been sent a message with something Arnie related completely out of the blue.

I'm sorry for being a dickhead and never responding to any of it, but I love you all loads, please don't stop doing it.  Just the idea that I pop up in anyones mind, for any reason, is more than i'm able to process.  You lot are brill. x

• 2 weeks later...

My mum recently got a call from her surgery saying the doctor wanted to see her, so she asked to make an appointment but they didn't have any that week and told her to call back next week. She never did call back to rearrange, then on Saturday she showed me a letter from her surgery saying "We are very sorry about your recent cancer diagnosis, you will have a follow up meeting to discuss with your GP soon." 

She's acting like it's a mistake, but I'm not so sure. She's had a lot of health problems for years but isn't even interested in checking with the surgery if it's true or not. As next of kin, am I able to ask the surgery about this, or would it have to be through her? 

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, hallicks said:

My mum recently got a call from her surgery saying the doctor wanted to see her, so she asked to make an appointment but they didn't have any that week and told her to call back next week. She never did call back to rearrange, then on Saturday she showed me a letter from her surgery saying "We are very sorry about your recent cancer diagnosis, you will have a follow up meeting to discuss with your GP soon." 

She's acting like it's a mistake, but I'm not so sure. She's had a lot of health problems for years but isn't even interested in checking with the surgery if it's true or not. As next of kin, am I able to ask the surgery about this, or would it have to be through her? 

Presuming that your mum still has her wits about her they won't be able to disclose any confidential info so theoretically no they won't be able to tell you.

• Awards Moderator

I apologise now, because I may have taken a drink, but you’ve never known a sleepless night until you’ve been kept awake by an ex-Brookside actor muttering about John Barnes being a pirate in his sleep, in between snores and astoundingly big farts. Sorry, lads, but I needed to share.

Goodnight and God bless x

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members

Heard my wife go “oh shit” followed by the sink rinsing something the other night before bed. Checked what it was and she’d dropped a pack of Rennies in the toilet and rinsed them off. 
“they’re in foil” she protested before I hurled them into the bin. The rotter.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Heard my wife go “oh shit” followed by the sink rinsing something the other night before bed. Checked what it was and she’d dropped a pack of Rennies in the toilet and rinsed them off. 
“they’re in foil” she protested before I hurled them into the bin. The rotter.

I'm going out on the limb that she isn't the one using the Rennies.