Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members
On 11/30/2019 at 2:08 PM, Wretch said:

So far there's just three songs, all Marvin Gaye.

It could be a red herring playlist, it could be worse.

4’33 - John Cage 
Lustmord & Wargasm - Cradle of Filth 
Fitter, Happier, More Productive - Radiohead 

• Paid Members

I’m at the dentist. Teeth in pretty good nick, except apparently all of my wisdom teeth are deformed as fuck and are growing side ways in to my jaw, great.

I’ve had no idea about this until they took an X-ray today. The dentists last words to me were “It’s a horrible procedure but most tend to go relatively well”. 

Now I have to hang about and wait here for a ‘therapist’ to turn up. I was here 6 months ago and all was fine, what the fuck has happened in 6 months?

I only came in for my 6 month check up and to get a sticker.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

I’m at the dentist. Teeth in pretty good nick, except apparently all of my wisdom teeth are deformed as fuck and are growing side ways in to my jaw, great.

I’ve had no idea about this until they took an X-ray today. The dentists last words to me were “It’s a horrible procedure but most tend to go relatively well”. 

Now I have to hang about and wait here for a ‘therapist’ to turn up. I was here 6 months ago and all was fine, what the fuck has happened in 6 months?

I only came in for my 6 month check up and to get a sticker.

Man, wisdom teeth have been a fucking bane to me. Had all mine out, and now have no dental problems at all.

My bottom two wisdom teeth had their roots growing outwards, which meant that a standard extraction would've severed the nerve in the gum, causing all sorts of problems. I had to have them removed surgically, under general anaesthetic, which was a whole fresh new hell - left me with bad mouth ulcers in the gums and throat (they had to intubate me as I apparently stop breathing under general, and to compound that problem, the shape of my oesophagus apparently also makes me difficult to intubate, so they ended up scraping the back of it).

Was told my case was pretty extreme, though. Very little chance at all that you'll have that level of problems. 

• Paid Members

To be fair, you'd need it to be a perfect storm of several problems to have what I had:

1. Adverse reaction to general anaesthetic

2. Weird-shaped throat (ooer)

3. Susceptibility to mouth ulcers

Those were all after-effects. The actual operation itself, they said it was pretty straightforward once I was under and breathing - the rest of it was essentially a load of superficial problems (painful, but nothing serious).

• Awards Moderator

Went out to watch the footy with a couple of mates I’ve not seen for ages. Boss night.

Walking home, instead of playing the carefully planned playlists or albums I love, I just slung it on random.

1C9F7C01-67C8-4FAE-830F-8294AD35CA44.thumb.jpeg.ff3b5c9bd34cf50583be5efea0949352.jpeg

‘Boom! Here come the real motherfuckers from the South!’

It might actually be the worst thing I used to listen to.

Jesus wept.

• Moderators

While you all listened to Limp Bizkit thinking they weren't shit I was listening to Radio 2. I was right and can still listen to what I listened to in 2001 without wanting to rather read a load of Hannibal Scorch posts (a horrid fate) than listen to a former playlist like the rest of youse.

Edited by PowerButchi