Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

I'm working at an outdoor theatre this week, and so much stuff has been amazing and strange. However today may have topped anything I have encountered while working theatre. The tech team came to ask on behalf of a drag act if full nudity was OK, and if it helped the act would be covered in milk.

We said yes without a seconds hesitation.

• Paid Members

Following on from above, the day prior we had a burlesque event on the venue. Started off strongly with one of them setting her hair on fire during an outdoor fire breathing section.

It then got wierd for me once the show started. I realised one of the dancers was the daughter of an old school friend of mine, so I quickly left as I didnt want to be seeing that much skin of the17 year old daughter of a friend.

After the show I asked her how her mum was and she started to panic as her mum and dad didnt know she was dancing. However this was outside the venue. While the queue for the next event had gathered. And her parents were near the front.

Ended well, she admitted it to her mum (who was proud of her, but also pleased that she didnt get naked) and got support from a lot of older ladies who had seen the act and said how good she was.

• Awards Moderator

One of the team came over to my desk earlier and I’d forgotten I had this place open on my second monitor.

Remember the old site logo? Imagine if we still had that, given the current political climate.

We’d definitely have an Accidental Redundancy Thread.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

People that watch things on their phone, without earphones are the biggest fucking cunts on earth.

Hangings too good for them.

But in doing so, they're inviting you to join in with the experience, so feel free to laugh, criticise, provide a running commentary, etc... for it.

• 4 weeks later...