Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

What's the training course for?

How to be a manager. I’ve just got on the train from Reading from a course that was supposed to finish at 5pm.

Honestly, how I didn’t punch the twat, I don’t know. Stabbed him to death a million times with my biro in my head. I better not ever see him again I swear to god. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

My partner has started to ease back into art again after leaving it a while to concentrate on college and uni so, as a warm-up, I commissioned her to paint Sweep's family from everyone's favorite Sooty episode;

70592652_3004924249534659_4565591772276719616_n.thumb.jpg.59161471d2b48434c6ca525eec34aed5.jpg

She said it isn't finished yet but I love it already.

• Paid Members

Christ, if only. We're getting married at a non-religious venue and the amount of rules we have to follow about not mentioning God or anything even remotely religious in the speeches, readings and songs is really tedious. I almost had a Sigur Ros song rejected because some of the made-up words sound like religious terms.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Are you marrying Ricky Gervais? 

I think we're getting married BY Ricky Gervais by the sounds of it. We weren't too keen on a church wedding but we would've bit the bullet (and saved a bit of cash) if we knew what all the legalities about religious language were. 

• Moderators
17 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

I had to slip Corinthians 13:13 ("the greatest is love) into my reception routine (this was due to the aforementioned rules, not as a way to Jesus up my mate's wedding without his blessing).

You should have claimed you were quoting Alan Jackson's Where Were You When the World Stopped Turning? instead.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Newcastle independent cinema know their audience.

In fairness, Toy Story 4 would probably go over the heads of babies & toddlers.

C2E0A8DA-A735-41C8-A3E2-0CB1A4865CDF.jpeg

I know quite a few places that do this - it's not as weird as it might seem. It's not aimed for kids, but specifically at parents with babies. It's so they can sleep/feed/etc while the parents watch the film, but it's not disturbing anyone who'd want to be there and get annoyed by babies crying.

More importantly, It: Chapter 2 is actually a 15, so they're shooting themselves in the foot by not allowing in under-18 parents, which I'd imagine in Tyneside is (insert rest of joke here).

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I know quite a few places that do this - it's not as weird as it might seem. It's not aimed for kids, but specifically at parents with babies. It's so they can sleep/feed/etc while the parents watch the film, but it's not disturbing anyone who'd want to be there and get annoyed by babies crying.

More importantly, It: Chapter 2 is actually a 15, so they're shooting themselves in the foot by not allowing in under-18 parents, which I'd imagine in Tyneside is (insert rest of joke here).

Oh I completely understand the idea of taking your nipper to special showings, for the reasons you’ve mentioned, I’ve done it. 

However, taking your toddler/baby to see a pre-lunch showing of IT: 2 is weird as fuck. But yeah Tyneside.