Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

I just read the UKFF celebrity twatlist for 2012, and it’s weirdly fascinating. John Terry was number 1, Nigel Farage wasn’t even on the list (was he even well known back then? Simpler times...) and no wrestler at all made the countdown

If the vote were to happen again this year the list would inevitably be filled with political types, Trump or Johnson would finish number 1, there’s every chance Vince McMahon or Hulk Hogan would make the list and heck, you may even have the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia on there. 

13 minutes ago, Bicurious Dad said:

Has it honestly been 7 years since the last list? I'm sure I remember one being done more recently than that.

There may well have been, I was just reading the list in the Gold section and assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that it was the most recent.

• Awards Moderator
18 minutes ago, Bicurious Dad said:

Has it honestly been 7 years since the last list? I'm sure I remember one being done more recently than that.

3 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

There may well have been, I was just reading the list in the Gold section and assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that it was the most recent.

The last list was November/December 2016, and was won (sort of) by Jamie Oliver.

2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

The last list was November/December 2016, and was won (sort of) by Jamie Oliver.

I’m amazed that Boris Johnson managed to avoid the list so soon after the Brexit Referendum. Prince Andrew has also done well to avoid all of these lists. He somehow manages to be a twat without anyone really noticing.

• Paid Members

I woke up to grab a drink of water last night, around 1am, and ended up sat in the spare room watching the most incredible borderline-tropical thunder storm happening outside.

Big flashes of light, tons of rain, loud thunder and the occasion lightening strike. It was non-stop. 

Halfway through, I realised the cat was still outside in that mayhem. I dashed downstairs, threw open the backdoor and the fucker just waltzed in bone dry. I'm flabbergasted.

I got back to bed at half 2 and now I'm fucking nakkered. Well worth it though.

Edited by Accident Prone
grammar, mate.

• Paid Members

The flashing woke me up. I left the bedroom and BOOM momentarily thought the storm was somehow inside the house, so loud was the rainfall. It barely improved once I'd shut the windows. It was beautiful to observe, so many flashes across the sky with barely any of them eliciting any thunder.

• Paid Members

My missus and dog never even awoke for a second either, despite the thunder, big flashes of lightening and my constant exclamations of "OH SHIT" when it felt like the house was about to be obliterated.

I took a few video clips of the show, so here's the typical screenshot where it looks like it's daytime at 1:30am;

67771684_10218262337005058_7077639386891812864_n.thumb.jpg.d2d39fe85132b0ddfa0d602e9589d948.jpg

• Paid Members

Is it moving north?

I was in Brighton last week until Sunday and there was a little thunder storm, nothing big.

I really enjoy them and hope we get one up here at a reasonable hour, so I can be a proper twat and introduce my youngster to them.