Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

Someone's parked outside my gaff and put the car key through my door. I've asked around friends, colleagues, neighbours, my GFs family and nobody has a fucking clue whose it is. Called the boys in blue and they said they'd send someone out if they had the time.

What the fuck is going on? 

20190628_181804.jpg

• Paid Members

Boring update: the car was dumped there from someone from the garage around the corner. Car had its MOT done and it belonged to the person we bought the house off, who obviously hadn't given their new address to the car people. A bit shitty of the garage to just dump the key through our letterbox and fuck off, mind you.

The end.

Edited by Wretch

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Our newest guitar model got reviewed in Guitarist magazine and they gave it 4.5 Meltzerflakes out of 5 which I'm very happy with. If you're into guitars then check it out.

https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/patrick-james-eggle-macon-special

That’s a great line “Even if you own a good Les Paul, or maybe a PRS 594 Singlecut, this Macon has more than enough character to sit in with the style of those but retain its own voice.”

Well done 👍

• Paid Members

Who fancies a go at solving this riddle? It was included an email at work to celebrate July 4th;

"As you may know, July 4th marks the the day that congress officially adopted the declaration of independence, but also signifies  the alienation of lands to their colonial owners. 

The question: a compulsive gambler and chauffeur, this man played decisive role in concluding the events of Independence Day, but who is he?" 

I took the historic reference as a red herring, and have been looking at actors who played pivotal parts in Independence Day (yes, the alien invasion film) but I'm not getting very far.

Will Smith played kind of a gambler in 'Focus' but I can't find a film where he was a chauffeur (unless you count his role in Hitch as one...I guess?). 

Anyone want to throw any guesses out there? The pride of my team hangs in the balance!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

Who fancies a go at solving this riddle? It was included an email at work to celebrate July 4th;

"As you may know, July 4th marks the the day that congress officially adopted the declaration of independence, but also signifies  the alienation of lands to their colonial owners. 

The question: a compulsive gambler and chauffeur, this man played decisive role in concluding the events of Independence Day, but who is he?" 

I took the historic reference as a red herring, and have been looking at actors who played pivotal parts in Independence Day (yes, the alien invasion film) but I'm not getting very far.

Will Smith played kind of a gambler in 'Focus' but I can't find a film where he was a chauffeur (unless you count his role in Hitch as one...I guess?). 

Anyone want to throw any guesses out there? The pride of my team hangs in the balance!

This is bugging the shit out of me now.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

During my morning walk walk this morning, i saw a hedgehog and it was amazing, dont think ive ever seen one in the wild that wasn't splattered on the roadside before, made my smile 

Much bigger than i recall too 

I love seeing hedgehogs. Genuinely brightens my day every single time.

We get red squirrels here, which were something I grew up thinking I'd never see. Nearly 20 years since first moving here, I still get a stupid grin on my face every time I see one.