Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

I just grabbed a few bits from the local Tesco and as I was walking down the dairy aisle there was an old chap with a bit of a look of Dr Shipman with a basket of shopping.

He reached up to the top shelf of the yoghurt shelf to grab some of those posh Danone's in a glass jar. He lost his grasp of the multipack and instinctively tried to catch his dropping produce into his shopping basket.

But he had a bit too much force in his forward motion and whacked the shelf with a massive donk which was enough for the shelf to dislodge from the bracket. Cartons of pasteurized cow juice was scattered right across the aisle.

• Paid Members

Bournemouth is lovely. We stopped there for a few hours on the way home after spending a week in Poole during the Easter holidays. Obviously the beach is nice but the park is also worth visiting, the rock gardens are beautiful.

• Paid Members

A fight broke out in a Britannia cruise ship. I’m not surprised, look at the fucking state of this, a full on patriotic Brexit cruise.

Hopefully it somehow ventures in to Somali, Iranian or Russian waters. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/richardgaisford/status/1155029988791468032 

E05AAC4F-1DBE-4B28-AD3B-71F759892CE6.png

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

12 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Bournemouth is lovely. We stopped there for a few hours on the way home after spending a week in Poole during the Easter holidays. Obviously the beach is nice but the park is also worth visiting, the rock gardens are beautiful.

Yeah we spent most of the day on Southbourne Beach, and around Christchurch as the idea is to actually move down there within the next 12-18 months. 

1 hour ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

A fight broke out in a Britannia cruise ship. I’m not surprised, look at the fucking state of this, a full on patriotic Brexit cruise.

Hopefully it somehow ventures in to Somali, Iranian or Russian waters. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/richardgaisford/status/1155029988791468032 

E05AAC4F-1DBE-4B28-AD3B-71F759892CE6.png

Read about this yesterday on the BBCNews website. it all started after took exception to a passenger who was dressed as a clown, which sounds so made up but so stupid it just has to be true

Edited by WyattSheepMask

3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Yeah we spent most of the day on Southbourne Beach, and around Christchurch as the idea is to actually move down there within the next 12-18 months. 

As someone who lived and worked there until the age of about 27, beware!!  It's all lovely and sunshine until about 7pm.  Then all the old people go back to their old people's homes and all the stag and hen dos crawl out of their hotels and the place turns into the second coming of Sodom and Gomorra.  I used to gig 2 or 3 times a week in Bournemouth and it's a fucking state most nights.

Also, you'll need to sell one of your kidneys to be able to afford Christchurch or Poole, the property prices are insane even compared to London IIRC.

100% not moving to main town Bournemouth, as I just couldn’t deal with it, more a surrounding town and property prices are fine tbh.

What I pay for a one bedroom flat in Weybridge, I could get a two bedroom house with a garden, but I understand what you’re saying.

Every coastal towns has its absolute ragers who come out at sundown. Suppose it’s just about avoiding them. 

• Paid Members

How do things change down there once the summer season ends? Only asking as I did 2 years on the Lincolnshire coast when I was a secondment at work, and once the season ends it become an almost completely desolate ghost town. Even most of the houses were empty during the winter...

Bournemouth being a uni town means it is still relatively busy over the winter months. Even during the summer when the students fuck off, you get a ton of tourists. It isn't like many of the Devon coastal towns that die off from October to April.