Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

I’ve lived in Newcastle for 15 years now. This is one of the main pedestrian paths from the west end to the city centre and this is a head blag, every single time.

So used to humans now, they just stare at you and tell you to “fuck off” if you need to sit down.

B0519CB6-5B39-4B94-A667-F0BC0419BA89.jpeg

6 hours ago, simonworden said:

I've always hated sports socks, too thick. Haven't worn a pair in years. I generally only buy basic black socks as I destroy or lose them regularly so I can remake a pair if needed. The fluff in sports socks pisses me off too!

Sports socks are the best. I like white pillows in my trainers, even during summer. The idea of black socks creeps me out for some reason. Especially skinny little ones that make it feel like I'm pulling up a pair of tights. Ankle length socks on dudes weirds me out as well. Like...a genuine visceral revulsion. There's probably some weird psychological thing there somewhere, but I'm sure I'm not the only one. And this is coming from a saddo whose had adolescent flirtations with nail polish and eyeliner. 

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

I’ve lived in Newcastle for 15 years now. This is one of the main pedestrian paths from the west end to the city centre and this is a head blag, every single time.

So used to humans now, they just stare at you and tell you to “fuck off” if you need to sit down.

I'm surprised Newcastle fans don't try to punch them in the face like they do with police horses.

11 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

By ankle length did you just mean normal socks? What do you wear?

I mean those wee little ones that pop up to your ankle and don't even stretch. Never liked 'em. My whites have a bit of slack to pull up the shin, if circumstances dictate. Tucking the end of your trackies into them would be a common enough occurrence with the yoof around here, and a sure sign of marking yourself out as a low level purveyor of hash and pills. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Oh yeah. Those pop socks (which is the term I was introduced to them by) are horrid. Have you seen they make ones that are even lower cut than that? They barely just stretch around the heel and toes. 

Pop socks are different, they're very short nylon socks/tights which old ladies always used to wear. If you wear normal socks rather than ankle socks when wearing trainers and shorts, then you look like a poncey tennis player.

My wife wears the ones you mention- they're annoying as fuck as you can't fold a pair together after doing the washing. So they're set for eternal life as odd socks.

Edited by PunkStep

• Awards Moderator
18 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Is ‘head blag’ a regional phrase? I always assumed it was common tongue. It’s has the same connotation as ‘head fuck’.

Never heard of it before. Assumed it was a North East thing. 

Blag either means 'steal' or 'lie' when I've heard it. 

Edited by Onyx2

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Oh yeah. Those pop socks (which is the term I was introduced to them by) are horrid. Have you seen they make ones that are even lower cut than that? They barely just stretch around the heel and toes. 

They are a must wear with trainers and casual shorts. 

Sports socks are scum though. If you wear white ones especially. If you're not wearing them just to exercise you need your loaf caving.