Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

I've had the shittest 48 hours imaginable.

Our boiler went tits up yesterday, after which I discovered the full extent of Scottish Power's incompetence, alas, we're spending night two wrapped up in every item of clothing imaginable just to stay warm - less than ideal for our one year old asthmatic son who's having violent coughing fits every 20 minutes or so.

Meanwhile my wife has been unwell the likes of which i've never seen, in pain more than I ever witnessed her in in childbirth, her vision compromised to the point I had to watch her get an injection in her fucking eyeball earlier today, following a 10hr stint in hospital which started in A&E at 2am yesterday morning.

So, scant consolation, imagine my surprise when I pulled on my dressing gown tonight, and a little pink "smartie" fell to the bed.  A tiny chocolate treat to take the edge off before I call it a day.  For a brief moment, life wasn't entirely shit I thought, as I popped it into my mouth and bit into it.

It was a fucking Ibuprofen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

How do I go about hanging this on the wall? I have a little picture hanging kit but none of them are any use for this. It's like its glued down too so no part of it is even slightly lifting. 

20200105_151729.jpg

Came over to see my girlfriend last night. We had a candle lit and some board games out. First night seeing her after I'd moved away a couple of weeks ago. Put a playlist on YouTube on her phone as that's the one connected to the speaker, and the first ad that played was for a dating app!

Edited by Undefeated Steak

• Paid Members

I hope there are more encouraging settings on there as well. 

Naked penguin: a bourbon cream (credit Harry Hill for that one) 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Tommy! said:

@John Matrixdid you pick up a copy of the search for the last action hero's documentary?

I got a copy of that the other day. Not got around to watching it yet but it does look interesting. If it's by the same folk that made "In Search of Darkness", the one about 80's horror then I'm sure it will be a good watch!