Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

Can anyone help me find a discontinued 90s fizzy drink?

My memory is vague, but I remember the bottle being panda pop size, possibly black, with ā€œcoolā€ fruit mascots. I remember one being banana flavour. Iā€™m trying to find a name or picture or anything.Ā 

24 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Can anyone help me find a discontinued 90s fizzy drink?

My memory is vague, but I remember the bottle being panda pop size, possibly black, with ā€œcoolā€ fruit mascots. I remember one being banana flavour. Iā€™m trying to find a name or picture or anything.Ā 

I can't help, but am intrigued as this sounds utterly grim.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Undefeated Steak said:

@FelatioLips

Had a quick look about but the nearest I could find was this. It's pineapple & raspberry so a banana flavour sounds likely. Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to find any related images to these drinks.

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/607704543455430807/

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Afraid not, it wasnā€™t based on a sweet!

• Paid Members

I had what Google tells me is called Bananenweizen on holiday once, which is a sort of shandy made with banana syrup rather than lemonade.Ā 

I wouldn't recommend it.Ā 

11 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

It's banana syrup in wheat beer and the Germans love it but, as you say, it's putrid. They also make lager with coke shandies. Considering their brewing tradition, they don't half drink some shit.Ā 

That sounds amazing.

10 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

They do an import Fanta with banana in it at our local Thai place and it's fucking rank.

I once spent a good chunk of my day looking on Wikipedia at the different flavors of Fanta available by country all based on finding Fanta Grape wonderful but impossible to get at home.Ā 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, simonworden said:

I once spent a good chunk of my day looking on Wikipedia at the different flavors of Fanta available by country all based on finding Fanta Grape wonderful but impossible to get at home.Ā 

My local corner shop has some. Pretty rubbish if I'm honest.Ā