Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Just sat at my desk slack-jawed at that. Blimey.

2 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Unbelievable that. Looks very odd too. Looks like a right creepy sod.

It's fucking incredible isn't it?!  I was exactly the same.  Just gobsmacked.  It's such a rapid departure from what to that point had been a lovely little ditty about DIY.  

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, John Matrix said:

So we borrowed this DVD off the in-laws this weekend.  

71xpsMITbhL._SY500_.jpg

Lovely ennit?  And it's every bit as awful as you'd imagine, filmed on a shoestring budget with local drama school kids and a presenter so corny, it's like he's parodying Cbeebies.

Turns out the kids LOVED IT!!  They were singing along, dancing, the works, the most peace we've had in ages, and then....

AND THEN....THIS comes on. 

I don't want to spoil it, suffice to say, take two minutes today to watch this (you'll need sound).  The last verse is FUCKING SPECTACULAR!!!  You'll be tempted to skip straight to it and find out if i'm over egging the pudding here.  Don't.  I promise you, you won't see what's coming and when you do... well I don't want to spoil it for you but there's a moment where your heart sinks and you think..."Oh god!  Surely not"... you'll know exactly what's about to happen, and even then you won't believe it does....but it does.

My favourite thing about all the replies, is that your all being wonderful in not spoiling the surprise for everyone else.   That's the real reward for sitting through the whole song!

Edited by John Matrix

• 2 weeks later...

Well that was an unexpected turn at the end, did no one think that it wasn't problematic?

I've been off work for the past 2 weeks and I've spent it catching up with mates, which has meant travelling on a 45 foot yacht from outside Bournemouth to the Isle of Wight. My friend who has the yacht is fucking off back to Spain and hoping his citizenship comes through soon. I got very drunk in Bristol with another friend and ended up sleeping on his landing in my sleeping bag for around 12 hours. I woke up to find his toddler had placed Lego pieces in my sleeping bag and still didn't cause me to stir. I went back to Wale and visited my brother, my nephews and nieces. Then off to just outside Falmouth, giving another mate a hand felling dead trees and sorting out his woodshed ready for next winter. It's been nice going off grid a little bit and catching up with friends and family. I still have another week off next week, but that's going to be me doing a spring clean and possibly a little bit of redecoration.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 3/7/2019 at 2:59 PM, John Matrix said:

My favourite thing about all the replies, is that your all being wonderful in not spoiling the surprise for everyone else.   That's the real reward for sitting through the whole song!

So I have only just seen this and that final reveal literally made my jaw drop. Nothing, NOTHING can prepare you for it