Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

No scissors for me this year. Each roll came with a little plastic fob that had a fragment of razor blade sticking out of it that you just run across the paper. 

When I first saw it, I didn't think "Ooh, that's a good idea", did I? No. My first thought was, "That would be perfect for blading with". 

#shitarse4lyfe

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

No scissors for me this year. Each roll came with a little plastic fob that had a fragment of razor blade sticking out of it that you just run across the paper. 

When I first saw it, I didn't think "Ooh, that's a good idea", did I? No. My first thought was, "That would be perfect for blading with". 

#shitarse4lyfe

And when you’ve finished blading, pop it back in the wrapping paper roll, pop the roll back in your trunks, no one will ever notice.

• Paid Members

Got a Kindle for Christmas, which is great as it might encourage me to read more. Ordered a nice sleeve for it from eBay, which as you can see from the description, is for Kindle Paperwhite. Right?

Screenshot_20190109-190417_eBay.thumb.jpg.e140bcc080e2418ab6957867b05a4bc3.jpg

WRONG.

20190109_185702.thumb.jpg.7f0d83b6156433c4da3f600d78354d20.jpg

Motherfuckers. I mean it will fit in there, along with THREE MORE KINDLES. eBay is a cesspool these days, it's more or less Wish.

This thing is massive, I could probably fit a ream of A4 white paper in it. Perhaps that's what they meant to say rather than Paperwhite.

Edited by PunkStep

• Moderators

Tbh that's a terrible sleeve even if it fit, as you have to take it out completely and it has that silly string closing mechanism.. You should get one like this (although obviously check it fits your version):

Fintie Slimshell Case for Kindle Paperwhite - Fits All Paperwhite Generations Prior to 2018 (Not Fit All-New Paperwhite 10th Gen), Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JPB83T0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_J-KnCbQ6QJ5KC

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

I only want a sleeve for my commute, I don't want a case really because when I'm at work or at home I prefer to read the kindle it as it is without a cover. That string thing is silly though. To be honest, I'd be happy with anything as long as it's not THIRTEEN SODDING INCHES