Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

My 5 year old daughter asked me last week if she could watch the “terrible teeth programme”. After much questioning I wasn’t any the wiser as to what programme she was talking about. 

Earlier today, the penny dropped when we were both sat in front of the TV and an advert for tomorrow’s Jeremy Kyle came on.

“The terrible teeth programme” is a better description for Jeremy Kyle than I could ever have come up with. And I’m now disappointed in myself for not guessing it at the time. 

For anyone interested in the answer to the original question. No, she cannot watch the terrible teeth programme!

That reminds me of a conversation I had with my 14 year old last week when she asked if we could watch that film about the boy and his pet robot. "Iron Giant?" No. "Big Hero Six?" No. She says "It's got that Arnold Schwarzguy in it". I says "Terminator 2?!?" She says yeah, that's the one. A boy and his pet murderous robot. Fucks sake. Fairly apt description though I suppose.

• Paid Members
On 11/26/2018 at 12:09 AM, Fog Dude said:

Dyslexia vs Asperger's, eh? Let's call it a 1-1 draw then.

I know a guy unfortunate enough to have both. He's a nutcase.

Dyspraxia, Aspergers and they're sure I have Dyslexia as well. If collecting disorders was like when I collectes Pokémon cards, I'd still have no idea what to do with any of them and look as nerdy and unsociable as I did.

Just now, Shy Dad said:

Dyspraxia, Aspergers and they're sure I have Dyslexia as well. If collecting disorders was like when I collectes Pokémon cards, I'd still have no idea what to do with any of them and look as nerdy and unsociable as I did.

Not meaning to play arrested development Top Trumps, but I've got another friend with dyspraxia, Asperger's and dyscalculia who's nice but very anxious. Except for the moments when he's not worrying and gets reckless and impulsive instead. 

• Paid Members

My old university has just decided to start its new mental health campaign, looking to "celebrate mental health" in the institution…

They've called it fucking Wonkee Wednesdays.

The genuine level of dense that some of the higher ups in that place must be is staggering that this ever got allowed. With a banner on the main drive with the letters all at angles as well like a trashy club night.

Worst part is that it strives on having some of the best literature and writing staff in the country and can't even spell Wonky.

As you can guess people are pretty incredibly pissed off to a level I don't think I've ever seen in the place.

• Paid Members

I've just seen a horse and carriage go down my road with a little pink coffin on the back, about four feet long, with the parade of cars behind it on the way to the church.

Merry fucking Christmas 😞