Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Rule One said:

This morning I saw an old lady with a Blockbuster Video carrier bag.

Unusual given how long the name/store has been out of business but what struck me as particularly odd is that the bag was in pristine condition.

There's a Pete's Pizza in Leicester. They have an eclectic design aesthetic to their restaurant. In the waiting area there's a huge illuminated Blockbuster sign. I'll try and get a pic for you people,  next time I'm passing by.

IMG_20181122_163518.jpg

Edited by BigJag
Added image

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

A mate of mine is still using bags from a record store that closed down over a decade ago, and has some in his flat from one that closed before I first moved to Jersey, 18 years ago.

Has he ever considered that these places might have closed because he was stealing astronomical numbers of bags from them? 

Edited by Gus Mears

4 hours ago, Rule One said:

This morning I saw an old lady with a Blockbuster Video carrier bag.

Unusual given how long the name/store has been out of business but what struck me as particularly odd is that the bag was in pristine condition.

A friend of mine lives in Blackpool and mentioned seeing people walking about with Blockbuster bags. Apparently there is a second hand shop that's giving them out.

6 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Dude, I had mash on a pizza and that's what you pull me up on? 

Fair play. The mashed potato part is pretty awesome.

There's no way I was not picking that up though. I thought going for the jokey route might've gone down a bit better. Oh well.