Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

Would you actually wear it outside? It's a lot of cash for something that you're most likely just going to wear on a lazy Sunday around the house.

Most definitely.  I've lived in the same pair of tracksuit bottoms and t-shirts every day for about four years now (since my first child was born) it's liberating.  I've long since stopped giving a fuck what anyone else might have to say about my appearance.

• Paid Members

Should buy seven of my Whitman, Price, and Haddad shirts instead. 

Honestly, though, I'd definitely buy that when I win some sort of jackpot.

Just did a tutorial in those wavy text vintage postcards, so I might do a beautiful Maui postcard image with the lads in the lettering of MAUI (with bonus Killian).

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

Would you actually wear it outside?

I'm pretty sure he'd request to be buried it in.

I would definitely wear it out if I had it. It's fantastic. And actually available to buy, unlike the damn Team Angle matching tracksuit I always wanted.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

Should buy seven of my Whitman, Price, and Haddad shirts instead. 

Honestly, though, I'd definitely buy that when I win some sort of jackpot.

Just did a tutorial in those wavy text vintage postcards, so I might do a beautiful Maui postcard image with the lads in the lettering of MAUI (with bonus Killian).

Do it!  I want it.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, John Matrix said:

I WANT THIS MORE THAN I WANT TO BREATHE.

running-man-costume-hoodie.master.png?w=

running-man-costume-pants.master.png?w=5

My first though was that I must have one, but at that price I'm a bit disappointed that the diamond pattern on the arms appears to be just printed instead of stitched.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

My first though was that I must have one, but at that price I'm a bit disappointed that the diamond pattern on the arms appears to be just printed instead of stitched.

Yeah, it's definitely not what it could be, but i've wanted a Running Man trackie for donkeys.  If only I wasn't in the absolute worst financial state of my entire life 😞  

• Paid Members

Had one of the most jolting experiences of my whole life yesterday, left me in a bit of a nervous state.

Went shopping after work, near to my grandad-in-law's place. It's not super convenient, but I was over there, so went anyway. Got the subway to a few blocks from our place, and took the lift upstairs. There was a big queue for the escalator, so I got on the line. My bag slipped off my shoulder, so I put it back, and then I saw a couple of fingers sneak under it, and pull it off again. Looked around, saw a group of four lads, about 16 year old. Obviously, up to some stupid shit, so I put my phone and headphones away in case there was any nonsense.

Got to the escalator, and after five seconds it ground to a halt, as one of them hit the emergency stop. Heard them saying stuff like "Let's watch this fat bastard climb the stairs" and (weirdly) "Donald Trump would sort him out," whatever the fuck that means.

Got to the top of the escalator, and went out onto the street. Saw that the lads were following me, but thankfully I had a massive glass bottle of cranberry juice in the shopping. Took that out, and as they walked over, I told them that the first one to get close to me was getting that smashed over their head. That defused tension a bit, and they headed off.

Ended up standing there for five minutes just in case they doubled back, and I've felt like a wreck ever since. Don't know if it's connected, but I could barely sleep, my bowels are going to hell, and I'm feeling in a proper state. 

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

Had one of the most jolting experiences of my whole life yesterday, left me in a bit of a nervous state.

Went shopping after work, near to my grandad-in-law's place. It's not super convenient, but I was over there, so went anyway. Got the subway to a few blocks from our place, and took the lift upstairs. There was a big queue for the escalator, so I got on the line. My bag slipped off my shoulder, so I put it back, and then I saw a couple of fingers sneak under it, and pull it off again. Looked around, saw a group of four lads, about 16 year old. Obviously, up to some stupid shit, so I put my phone and headphones away in case there was any nonsense.

Got to the escalator, and after five seconds it ground to a halt, as one of them hit the emergency stop. Heard them saying stuff like "Let's watch this fat bastard climb the stairs" and (weirdly) "Donald Trump would sort him out," whatever the fuck that means.

Got to the top of the escalator, and went out onto the street. Saw that the lads were following me, but thankfully I had a massive glass bottle of cranberry juice in the shopping. Took that out, and as they walked over, I told them that the first one to get close to me was getting that smashed over their head. That defused tension a bit, and they headed off.

Ended up standing there for five minutes just in case they doubled back, and I've felt like a wreck ever since. Don't know if it's connected, but I could barely sleep, my bowels are going to hell, and I'm feeling in a proper state. 

I had a very similar experience when I first started having to use a walking stick to get around. A group of little bastards, all about 15 or 16 decided it was hilarious watching me struggle to walk through  town and took it upon themselves to leg me up and boot me in the stomach. Worse part of it was the town was packed that day and not one person stepped in to help me. 

It effected me for years and after seeking help for a mental health issue I was informed I probably had PTSD from it. All I could(and still can) think is that if it happened a year earlier, or to someone else while I was fully able bodied I'd have kicked the little cunts from one side of Barnsley to the other and it highlighted just how far I had deteriorated since my diagnoses...

• Paid Members

Don't let the little pricks get to you. Easier said than done I know, but they probably just want a little bit of a rise out of you for fun. The little bastards don't realise how anxious this sort of behavior can make somebody feel. I'd feel exactly the same as you, and I'm not even sure I'd have the guts to threaten them with a glass bottle, so that's taken you some balls to do that.

Remembering back to my teenage days and some of my more mischievous friends doing similar things at the time- nothing would ever come of it, they never actually wanted to do anything, but shouting shit at joggers for example would make them feel uneasy about running past in future. It's antisocial behaviour.