Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

Fucking smoke detectors gone off several times and I can't find a fire. Landlord has put 4 upstairs and one downstairs. Every 6 months or so one of the bastards goes off at night/early morning and it's terrifying.

They're mains powered with a battery and so I've located the noisy one and taken it off... It's quiet now but there's always the paranoid thought that it was going off for good reason. 

I hate this house.

9 hours ago, Rey_Piste said:

They might be combined smoke and CO detectors, you might want to get your boiler checked out.

Well I haven't burned to death or succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning. My smart meter (check me out) was off so I'm guessing it's a fault with electricity. Our landlord has kindly provided separate CO detectors too.

I've been working in near Gloucester all week and as you go onto the A38 from the M5 there's a great bit of shit graffiti on an underpass.

"Save The NHS bun the tories!" I'm not certain if it's suppose to say burn the Tories or bum the Tories, but it definitely says bun.. 

On 12/13/2018 at 6:47 PM, Rey_Piste said:

I've been working in near Gloucester all week and as you go onto the A38 from the M5 there's a great bit of shit graffiti on an underpass.

"Save The NHS bun the tories!" I'm not certain if it's suppose to say burn the Tories or bum the Tories, but it definitely says bun.. 

Nah, that is right. It’s supposed to say bun...

...fam.

• Paid Members

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.....

My Grandad suffers with terrible dementia and lives in a care home. He was such a proud man, he would comb his hair whilst walking through windy weather to make sure he didn’t have a hair out of place! He was extremely clever and could fix cars and lorries with his eyes shut. He was awesome. 

Well today I found out he got removed from the care home common area for fighting with another resident over a cuddly toy! It’s the second time he’s been removed, last time he took all his clothes off and sat in another residents wheelchair which apparently is frowned upon. Dementia eh, what a prick!

Edited by waters44

Dementia is an absolute bitch. My great grandma ended up in a care home with dementia for a couple of years before she died. Her devilish sense of humour was still there and she was still chatty and fun to be around, she just didn't have a clue who anybody was. My nan and granddad would visit her every day for twenty minutes or so and she'd forget who they were or that they'd visited as soon as they'd gone, she just knew these two nice people popped in every day to drink tea and have a chat. They once went on holiday for a week and it disrupted her routine so much, even though she didn't necessarily know who was visiting her, the fact they weren't there sent her over the edge a bit and she ended up throwing plates at the nursing staff. It's horrendous but knowing her how I did, part of that story always makes me smile as she was 91 at the time and about four foot tall.