Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Back from the dentist, and pain-free! Apart from a few anaesthetic jabs in the gums, was a relatively painless process. The jollop's still in effect, though, so half my mouth's still numb.

They did half the procedure I'm booked in for for Saturday - they removed the nerve and put in root filling, and they're putting the crown in on the weekend.

Either way, result. I can finally get some proper sleep tonight.

Ā 

Thanks, @Fog Dude.

Have another tramadol, now can appreciate the sense of well-being without the pesky toothache.Ā 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Have another tramadol, now can appreciate the sense of well-being without the pesky toothache.Ā 

Hahaha, don't tempt me. I'm thinking twice before going down that rabbit-hole again.

• Paid Members

For close to a year some woman has been using my mobile number. I have been contacted from numerous services including:

Just Eat, The Dentist, Debt Collection Agency, BT (and a full delivery and installation), PPI Agency, Snapchat.

I have told any of them who would listen I do not know this woman and to remove my number. The woman from BT said I should report her to the police for fraud. Through various texts/phonecalls I have pieced together a first name and address for this woman.

I believe her partner or a friend is using my number also as the dental appointment was for a man and the receptionist confirmed the street I mentioned but wrong house number.

I would much rather not change my 10 year old mobile number, so should I report her for fraud? What would happen if I did?

Going back to the teeth stuff, I've an awful phobia of the dentist after a bad experience as a teenager (numbing didn't work, dentist didn't listen and ended up pulling a tooth out without painkiller, cracking it and scraping roots out etc)

Cracked a molar few weeks ago eating a sweet so resigned myself that I'd have to go back. Went to local dentist who said I needed a root canal to save it. She shot me up with the numbing injection but again, I didn't go numb. She gave me two more to no effect, and then started drilling. Told her to stop, and she said didn't know what to do, and to come back in a week where she'll try with a stronger numbing injection. Fuck that.

Did a bit of searching and found out about conscious sedation. Basically they inject you with a benzo that relaxes you and causes amnesia, and you have no memory of the procedure. Had it last Wednesday and it was class. Gave me the injection, felt a lovely warm calm feeling after about 20 seconds and then woke up andĀ  root canal and 3 fillings were done. Felt nothing, remember nothing and was grand after the sedation wore off.

Ā 

Bloody lifesaver, and so glad that such a thing exists. I've no fear of the dentist anymore now. Also, realise why iv drugs are so popular!

40 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

For close to a year some woman has been using my mobile number. I have been contacted from numerous services including:

Just Eat, The Dentist, Debt Collection Agency, BT (and a full delivery and installation), PPI Agency, Snapchat.

I have told any of them who would listen I do not know this woman and to remove my number. The woman from BT said I should report her to the police for fraud. Through various texts/phonecalls I have pieced together a first name and address for this woman.

I believe her partner or a friend is using my number also as the dental appointment was for a man and the receptionist confirmed the street I mentioned but wrong house number.

I would much rather not change my 10 year old mobile number, so should I report her for fraud? What would happen if I did?

What fraud has happened? Ā Have you been done out of money? Ā Is there a chance this woman has a similar number and gets 2 numbers jumbled up and gives yours, although that's a stretch of a coincidence if they are on the same street. Ā If they haven't done you out of money, I don't know if giving out the wrong number is something plod would bother with. Ā First port of call for me would be your phone provider and get some advice from them but I wouldn't change your number over it.

I'm sorting through my sons old toys that we should have moved on years ago but haven't until now.

I want to curl up in a ball and cry:

A) Where the fuck did I get the money from to buy this mountain of enjoyment.Ā 

B) It's 10:30 and I'm not even a quarter way through. I've yet to even get round to digging out board games and books.

C) I'd love to roll back the years and play with them all.

D) There's some stuff I want to keep for no other reason than selfish purpose but it all has to go.

I've also pulled out a box of assorted Power Rangers toys from over the years, there's original run stuff in it but no idea how/where I got them from or even name them. Even worse, I've got to figure out how to piece some of megazords back together.

Fuck.

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

No idea where this goes but a young pro-footballer next to me told his mate that a bit of his play was "moist". What the fuck does that mean? Young people make me feel about 102.

That's odd. I heard my little sister's schoolmates coming out with thatĀ about fifteen years ago. Must've made a comeback. Think it's just another word for "good".

• Paid Members

On a thread titled 'mad theories from friends/colleagues' on another forum I frequent, I read this a few days ago. It's been sending me into fits of giggles everytime I think about it.

Screenshot_20181119-165405_Chrome.jpg