Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Awards Moderator
On 5/4/2019 at 7:17 PM, gmoney said:

Anyone seen these new 95p charges on ATM teller machines?

Automated ATM teller machines, surely.Ā 

• Paid Members

I visited a relative at hospital yesterday. He's stayingĀ for a few days (hopefully he'll be out by the weekend)Ā and is constantly moving wards. He's wheelchair bound so he brought his own wheelchair with him, and he voiced concerns to anĀ orderly that someone else might assume it's hospital property and take it for themselves.

The orderly was very understanding of this worry, so she tucked the wheelchairĀ to the side of his bedside cabinet and covered it with part of the curtain.Ā She's a white woman in her 50's, and she had one of those voices that had been broken down due to decades of smoking twenty a day. Still, she seemed like a nice enough lady who you'd have a laugh with at the local.Ā 

"That'll do the trick!" I said, alluding to the hidden wheelchair,Ā just trying to keep the casual small talkĀ alive.Ā 

"Yeah, you have to be careful these days", replied the orderly. "People will nick anything if it's not nailed down, especially the blacks".

She said this so casually and in such a normal tone of voice that I had to take a few seconds to process it. She didn't even look at me for a reaction, she just adjusted the bed a little more and said her goodbyes before leaving the bay, like we were just chatting about the weather. I think I must've entered entered a time machine at some point yesterdayĀ and exited in the 70's.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members

Just had it pointed out to me that the guy who plays The Hound in GOT is also the goon who goes "Yarp" inĀ Hot Fuzz.Ā Mind sort of blown. It's understandable he'd be difficult to recognise with a completely different look.

Mind not quite as blown as it was when I finally figured out why Bronn was so familiar, and that it was Jerome fucking Flynn.

The Hound was also the rugged Scottish man in the Quaker Oats ads back in the day. Sure loved his porridge.Ā 

EDIT. It was Scotts Porridge Oats.Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Keith Houchen
Porridge Wog.

• Awards Moderator
9 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Just had it pointed out to me that the guy who plays The Hound in GOT is also the goon who goes "Yarp" inĀ Hot Fuzz.Ā Mind sort of blown. It's understandable he'd be difficult to recognise with a completely different look.

Bloody hell Bomb, where have you been? Wait til you find out Ned Stark was in GoldenEye.Ā 

• Paid Members

I was just in Sainsbury's and there was some young twat running round like a completeĀ idiot,Ā knocking into stuff and making an embarrassmentĀ of himself. I nearly said watch itĀ or somethingĀ but couldn't be arsed. Then I realised he was a guy I interviewed for a job twoĀ days ago! I couldn't believe it, itĀ was like something out of Curb your enthusiasm. I was gonna call him this evening to offer him a trial and everything.

• Awards Moderator
3 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Upvote if it's a Black Grape reference.

Downvote if it's just fuckin Batman.

You see me in that comic book movie thread?Ā