WWE Global Cruiserweight Series

Chris Brooker

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Having a heavyweight tourney with everyone weighing say 280+ would be intresting. Harder to find the talent i would imagine. Could be a great underdog story with a smaller guy filling as an injury replacement and valiantly getting to the Semis or Finals. Wandy entering the Pride heavyweight tourney comes to mind

Not sure what to think about this, production values will obviously devalue this a little bit but then seeing talent outside of the WWE in different settings may also be a cool idea, I'm guessing this is all to aid Network subs so as far as variety goes you can't really knock it. I would prefer something like this to King Of The Ring as a Network exclusive and this potentially does more for talent than boring KOTR tourney does.

• Paid Members

Not sure what to think about this, production values will obviously devalue this a little bit but then seeing talent outside of the WWE in different settings may also be a cool idea, I'm guessing this is all to aid Network subs so as far as variety goes you can't really knock it. I would prefer something like this to King Of The Ring as a Network exclusive and this potentially does more for talent than boring KOTR tourney does.

It's not all being filmed outside of WWE, it's all bein done by the NXT production crew (there are a few qualifying matches being held by partner companies but they aren't part of the tournament )

• 4 weeks later...

A bit more information on the tournament.

It is going to be recorded over 4 months, on 6/23, 7/14, 8/26, & 9/14.

The logo:

CirVrBmWUAQs1UI.jpg

The seating layout is a little different to usual:

Ci57XVvVEAICljV.jpg

Archived