WWE Global Cruiserweight Series

Chris Brooker

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe late of the party, but wanted to chime in on this, because I loved the show so much. Never been a big TJ Perkins fan - something about his face just annoys me. I do think people saying this show turned their opinions on him might be missing that Kota Ibushi and Metalik were absolutely awesome on the night and made him look a million dollars. Not taking a thing away though, he looked great, and doing two matches like that in one night isn't easy.

Not sure I liked the tag match as much as others. Different, quicker style is cool, but when it gets to a point were nothing is being sold, it's like the opening juniors tag match at the Tokyo Dome: a bunch of shit happening and meaning a third of what it should. Very surprised we didn't get the Ciampa turn, figured it was a lock to position them that way for the start of the division.

Anyway - fucking hell is Kota Ibushi outstanding. Star of the tournament, and I have to admit to being a little bummed that he lost, knowing what it really meant. Reckon they'll use him as an attraction on big NXT Takeover shows. Wonder who he'll face Mania weekend.

It's going to be tough for fans who saw the CWC to feel satisfied with what we get on Raw going forward - won't be as heated, likely won't be as varied, won't have Ibushi, and it's tough to envision we'll be getting stuff like that show weekly.

Main Event is supposed to be a Smackdown show, but for whatever reason it's had a couple of Raw matches (Sin Cara v Jinder Mahal and Jack Swagger v Jinder Mahal) previously.  Commentators have called them "Raw Showcase Matches".  Who knows what they actual reason for doing it is.  Main Event also only shows Raw recaps, as does Superstars.

Since they recorded Dorado vs. Swann on Tuesday I've read a few comments of people saying "see I told you the cruisers would be on both shows", when there's no reason to believe that's suddenly the case.

Archived