WWE Global Cruiserweight Series

Chris Brooker

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Aren't Rev Pro doing some qualifiers too? I imagine Scurll will be involved in them.

I believe that IS the one match left that Callum was referring to, the RevPro qualifier. That could well be Scurll vs. Haskins...

Anyone else got zero interest in this?

I've a token interest in reading about it as the whole cross promotion thing is quite intriguing and unusual, and maybe gives some hints as to who's on the WWE radar 

That said, modern cruiserweight wrestling is just the absolute worst (generalisation intended) and you couldn't pay me to watch it.. A tournament full of sped-up, characterless, choreographed and overelaborate indie excess is my idea of wrestling hell. 

• Paid Members

Anyone else got zero interest in this?

I wouldn't say zero but I'm not massively fussed. I'm interested in guys I've seen on indie shows on the WWE stage and how WWE will present it but generally I think the last thing WWE need at this point is more small blokes wrestling spotty matches for the sake of just having matches, that covers about half of the current main roster. I'd love to see more bigger wrestlers in WWE having slower paced feud based matches than the dive filled, super kick mania that some of these Global Cruiserweight series matches will no doubt be.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I pretty much feel the same as Rez and Goosh do about it. I'm super-intrigued because it's WWE promoting an indie tournament effectively, which is something completely fresh for them. Furthermore, they are promoting a style that historically they have discouraged in their workers. I'm fascinated by the concept and the cross-promotion aspect, excited to see how it is presented but expect the matches to be largely awful if the likes of Gargano and Ciampa are any indication of the style and quality.

Archived