WWE Global Cruiserweight Series

Chris Brooker

This thing looks to be immense. I've seen 9 of the competitors over the years and there's some mouth watering clashes that appeal Tozawa vs ZSJ, Rich Swann vs Ciampa,  Noam vs Tajiri, Kendrick vs Gallagher.  and so forth and so on. Without overloading the brit aspect. Bubblegum and Ligs, would not be amiss in this tournament amongst many many others. I'd kill to see Ligs vs Tozawa II at some point!

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doing it as a single elimination tournament means a total of 31 individual matches. You could maybe the last eight, which would usually be the quater finals, two fatal four ways to reduce it slightly and have the final between the two winners of those

They are recording it over 4 months, so they could do 8 matches (1st round) on the first taping, 8 matches (remaining 1st round) the second taping, 8 matches (2nd round) the third taping, and 7 matches on the fourth taping (the quarters, semis and final).

Are they not taping each Round at each taping, so sixteen matches next week, 8 the July taping, then I'd imagine the semi and final at the last event, with maybe some of the best losers getting matches to beef out the card.

Are they not taping each Round at each taping, so sixteen matches next week, 8 the July taping, then I'd imagine the semi and final at the last event, with maybe some of the best losers getting matches to beef out the card.

They are recording it over 4 months. They might therefore go with 8 matches (1st round) on the first taping, 8 matches (remaining 1st round) the second taping, 8 matches (2nd round) the third taping, and 7 matches on the fourth taping (the quarters, semis and final).

Amazing Red had to pull out, didn't he?

I did read that. I also read that they wanted Will Ospreay in it as well, even going so far as to try to get New Japan to allow him to wrestle in the tournament and then go back to New Japan.

Amazing Red had to pull out, didn't he?

I did read that. I also read that they wanted Will Ospreay in it as well, even going so far as to try to get New Japan to allow him to wrestle in the tournament and then go back to New Japan.
Yeah. Think TNA wanted him as well until they found out New Japan offered him the deal

Archived