WWE Global Cruiserweight Series

Chris Brooker

• Paid Members

While there's around half the field I've never heard of, I'm pleasantly surprised that the draw means there actually is someone in every first round match that I'm already familiar with, so it isn't a case that certain matches are going to be "some fucker vs. some fucker" as I was expecting.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So as somebody who watches zero Japanese wrestling, on a scale of Hideo to Nakamura, where does Kota Ibushi sit? I just want to make sure I've measured my expectations, because Itami felt like an enormous letdown but Nakamura has probably over-delivered for me more than any wrestler I've ever anticipated arriving in WWE. 

I'd put him closer to Nakamura than Itami. If he's paired up with competent guys he'll put on very entertaining matches. I haven't seen alotof his work since he came back from knee surgery, so he could have modified his style to a degree, but like I say if hespairedup with the right people he'll do well.

I think that's a telling factor in the disappointment of Itami. From the off he was paired up with no hopers The Ascension

Well excited after watching this and seeing the possible interesting matches down the line. Must stay spolier free for this.

Kendrick looked so humble and grateful for his spot there and hope he does well.

Any possible matches down the line that anyone is hoping will happen?

Well excited after watching this and seeing the possible interesting matches down the line. Must stay spolier free for this.

Kendrick looked so humble and grateful for his spot there and hope he does well.

Any possible matches down the line that anyone is hoping will happen?

Agree. Really hoping Kendrick does well from this, and with the upcoming Draft, maybe there is a spot for him somewhere

So they've got 3 tapings left to go, with only 15 matches left in the tournament, and the last one is a live 2 hour special.

The last one might feature the finals and semi finals, but that's not going to fill up a 2 hour show.  So I'm guessing we'll get some 6 man tags or something featuring eliminated wrestlers aswell.

Either way, looking forward to it.  Enjoyed the thing last night.

Had a couple of matches spoiled by me due to some errant trawling through Wikipedia, but I'm very much looking forward to this.

Hope every cruiserweight makes the most of the showcase they're given, whether they get one match or four. Especially Kendrick, he seemed genuinely emotional about the whole thing. I, for one, wish he got more than the one shot against Balor on NXT. Nothing against Rhyno, he's done well, but seems mad that he's been signed to NXT/WWE on and off for a year while The Brian Kendrick just chills at home or the PC or whatever he does.

I like the slight changes to Kendrick's look too. He looked basically the same as his last WWE run vs Balor, but with the grown out hair and beard, he appears to be playing into the "grizzled vet" role somewhat, which is cool.

Archived