WWE Global Cruiserweight Series

Chris Brooker

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic show and following on from the bracketology show, it looks like the whole Cruiserweight Classic is going to be enjoyable.

Alexander rolling into the ring and getting his hood on his head was one of the little things that I enjoyed outside of the in-ring action.

Great stuff and looking forward to next week already.

Maluta's dive was scary for a moment when he seemed to catch his foot and do an extra flip that wasn't intended.

Daniel Bryan and Mauro Ranallo are a great pairing on commentary, but if I hear Bryan mention jet lag once more I'm going to hunt him down

Great stuff and looking forward to next week already.

Maluta's dive was scary for a moment when he seemed to catch his foot and do an extra flip that wasn't intended.

Daniel Bryan and Mauro Ranallo are a great pairing on commentary, but if I hear Bryan mention jet lag once more I'm going to hunt him down

Would you not possibly get jet lag travelling over to hunt him down? Cause that would be ironic.

• Paid Members

Cracking start, I share similar sentiments to others. I don't know many of these guys at all and have never seen any matches from any if the chaps in this opening show.

Gran is what I expected, really fun Lucha character, with the high flying nailed. Not over the top daft either which I'm happy with. Lost his mask in the pin mind.

Struggled to get in the the 2ND match, and I agree I think the wrong guy went over. Boo the heel Iranian was a bit meh, but I don't think much of Hoho, I think his name is over more than he is.

Cedric looks really fun, but it's a shame he has Ibushi next. Great for us, but I can't help but think it will be his last outing.

Ibushi, he obviously gets it. He was lovely.

That Maluta dive was crackers, very lucky with how it landed. Decent outing for him though, the kick to neck breaker and and the multi face kicks were really fun.

I loved ibushis speedy slap slap slap kick kick flurry too. Looked mint.

Overall a good show, next week has a couple of great matches announced too.

• Paid Members

Bryan needs to realise that if everything is the best thing ever, then nothing is the best thing ever. Other than that, an encouraging showing considering his lack of experience, and I'm sure they'll both get the timing down and cut down on the talking over each other as it goes on.

Enjoy the presentation, wish the crowd was a bit hotter though. Matches all had obvious winners this week (big names, potential shot at being the next Rey and representative of the market they're trying to crack) but hopefully it'll get a bit more open down the bracket.

That sounds like I didn't really like the show, but I actually did. Having been a big fan of Ibushi going back to his appearances in CHIKARA, it was both surreal and great to see him in a WWE environment. Hope he goes all the way. Is there any sort of follow-on incentive for the winner, like an NXT title shot or main roster spot?

A few things I picked up here:

1) Bryan talks about Ibushi as one of the 'best ever' which isn't a problem if half the 'Universe' had heard of him but he is an unknown to the majority of the audience (especially the younger generation). ITs weird because WWE have gone from never acknowledging anything a person did previously to hyping to to the point of annoyance. 

2) 'The biggest upset of the century' was another one of those moments. I get that they are trying to hype these guys up as something huge but given that I didn't know of Ibushi's opponent and most people haven't heard of Ibushi himself... well you get my point. 

3) Maluta had the charisma of a napkin. He can do 'MOVEZ' but gives me no reason to like or dislike him... 

4) Ho Ho Lun was flimsey in places. Don't do a running knee strike to the back of someones head when Nakamura is doing it and doing it a million times more convincingly. 

Other than those gripes I did like the structure and matches :) 

Bryan needs to realise that if everything is the best thing ever, then nothing is the best thing ever. Other than that, an encouraging showing considering his lack of experience, and I'm sure they'll both get the timing down and cut down on the talking over each other as it goes on.

Enjoy the presentation, wish the crowd was a bit hotter though. Matches all had obvious winners this week (big names, potential shot at being the next Rey and representative of the market they're trying to crack) but hopefully it'll get a bit more open down the bracket.

That sounds like I didn't really like the show, but I actually did. Having been a big fan of Ibushi going back to his appearances in CHIKARA, it was both surreal and great to see him in a WWE environment. Hope he goes all the way. Is there any sort of follow-on incentive for the winner, like an NXT title shot or main roster spot?

I'd be surprised that they would slingshot someone to a title match or main roster spot... 

I'd be surprised that they would slingshot someone to a title match or main roster spot... 

The winner gets a trophy and the title of best cruiserweight in the world. I doubt they will get anything more than that really. I would guess that they will use some of the top stars from the tournament on NXT though to replace the stars being called up to the main roster (the winner and maybe the other semi-finalists).

Archived