WWE Global Cruiserweight Series

Chris Brooker

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a late start to the first set of WWE Cruiserweight Classic tapings tonight at Full Sail University. Those in attendance have referred to it as a "mess" several times.

Just before 6:30pm, when the tapings were to start, the arena was still half empty and crew members were tarping off sections of bleachers. While the event was sold out, speculation going around was that the low attendance could have been due to scalpers, plus the WWE NXT roster working a show in nearby Largo tonight.

It appears WWE officials panicked as they moved fans to fill up the front rows. They then claimed that a wreck on I-4 caused traffic issues, which caused the empty seats and delayed start time. Fans started showing up with reserved seating but other fans had already been moved into those seats, presumably due to the fear of bad attendance.

At 6:45pm, officials started moving fans around and having to rearrange the entire reserved sections to get people in their correct seats. The "talent parade" that was to begin at 6:30pm didn't begin until 6:55pm.

• Paid Members

I've always thought the way that idiom gets used in wrestling (and other things) is entirely backwards, though.

If he was born in Israel and now lives in Scotland, surely he's come to wherever he is FROM Israel BY WAY OF Scotland?

If I travel to Australia and stop off in Hong Kong, I've not travelled "to Hong Kong by way of Australia"?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Has this been taped yet? I'd love the first round fixtures, if they're out.

Here you go sir, no results just the draw (it's also in tournament bracket order):

Alejandro Seaz VS Gran Metalik (Mascara Dorada)

Ariya Daivari VS Ho Ho Lun

Cedric Alexander VS Clement Petiot

Brian Kendrick VS Raul Mendoza

Damian Slater VS Tajiri

Da Mack VS TJ Perkins

Lince Dorado VS Mustafa Ali

Akira Tozawa VS Kenneth Johnson

Kota Ibushi VS Sean Maluta

Tyson Dux VS Zack Sabre Jr

Drew Galuk VS Harv Sihra

Anthony Bennett VS Tony Nese

Jason Lee (portrayed by David Baddiel) VS Rich Swann

Gurv Sihra VS Noam Dar

Fabian Aichner VS Jack Gallagher

and finally, in surely the match of the round:

Johnny Gargano VS Tommaso Ciampa

Edit: So I'm pretty sure that means that if they win their opening matches, you'll get ZSJ VS Ibushi in the second round. That's a shame, I thought that could be the final. Seemed to be the two most over guys in the parade thingy they did.

• Paid Members

I thought about getting excited about who was wrestling who but then I remembered I don't know who half of them are.

Archived