WWE Global Cruiserweight Series

Chris Brooker

• Awards Moderator

I have seen no spoilers and don't intend to. Really enjoyed the bracketology show, made me very excited for what's to come, it just feels like this is going to be something new, fresh and different. And I already feel like I know lots of the players and their stories just from their small introductions on this show, which is more than I can say for the likes of Dolph Ziggler or Apollo Crews.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bracketology prog was a very good watch. 

Helped introduce a lot of people that fans may not be familiar with and Ranallo & Bryan helped get every man over. I can see them revisiting this duo as a pairing for other events in the future and potentially even a permanent pairing on RAW or SmackDown. 

As someone who didn't know any of these guys (apart from Kendrick and Tajiri), Bracketology was an informative watch. Bryan's enthusiasm was great to see and I'll be looking out for Zack Sabre Junior and Kota Ibushi in particular - there are going to be some really fascinating matches with different styles coming together. It was interesting to hear HHH say this was going to be the start of something, hopefully it's more than just 'CWC II in 2017'.

The two Sihra lads coming to my attention is great on a personal level. Aside from having some family with the same surname, they're going to be my new answers to the 'how are Indians getting on in the wrestling?' question I used to hear my dad ask whenever he wanted a Great Khali update.

• Paid Members

Bryan was brilliant on this, really good to see him in good spirits and he's an absolute natural in that presenting role isn't he? Could do with letting Kendrick etc speak for themselves a bit more, but he had plenty of energy and great delivery.

• Awards Moderator

They really put him over as a game changer for smaller wrestlers making it to the top as well, which was quite cool - he might be retired but WWE could use that as his legacy for years and years to come.

(You can argue the accuracy of it, if you wanted to, of course, but it's the avenue WWE is going down and that's fair enough)

Bryan also seems genuinely into the whole thing, as does Ranallo, and Triple H for that matter, and their genuine-ness does all sorts of good as far as viewer perception (well, my perception) goes. Just keep Cole and JBL well away.

I love someone like Bryan being involved as he knows exactly what he's talking about and knows a lot of the guys very well from working with them. That insight is invaluable and as said above feels a lot more 'real.'

Be interesting to know how many he actually has known longer term ... he has been in WWE for years now.

Watching it again, Bryan looked a little uneasy when Tripe H was next to him. And he seemed to take great pleasure in telling Trips that they "haven't always seen to eye to eye".

Personally didn't pick up on that and I think you may be reading too much into a throwaway Kayfabe line

• Awards Moderator

Sorry NXT, I think I have a new favourite show! Loved everything about that - the format, the presentation, the look, the commentary, just the whole feel of it. Already looking forward to next week, just hope it can retain interest beyond the introductory round with a bit more character development of the guys who go through.

Brilliant that was.

The whole look and feel of it was so sports like in it's presentation, after the main even when the ref got them together and raised the winners hand, UFC style, small touch but got my attention.

As for the Wrestlers on show, my only nit pick with the show was I thought the wrong guy went over in the Hoho Lun vs Daivari match, I actually thought Daivari looked good, he had solid intensity and had his character down. Ibushi is fantastic but Maluta showed up really well also. Enjoyed the commentary, buzzing for this show going forward.

Archived